cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the identification of this Waterbury clock? Any information would be helpful.

Anyone know the I'd of this Waterbury clock? Date looks to read September 1898?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Does anyone know the identification of this Waterbury clock? Any information would be helpful.

Lovely clock! The term "open escapement" is used with this clock. The "escapement" is the part of the inner works that is displayed on the dial. The pendulum appears to be missing unless you have it elsewhere. This is several steps above the average Waterbury for sure.

This corner of the forums hardly gets any viewers at all. For more exposure I would recommend posting here:  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Antiques/bd-p/213

I will look around a bit later when I have spare time and try to find a model name.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you. If you do find out the I'd, I would love to know. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Your clock is the "Plymouth" model shown in Tran Duy Ly's Waterbury book(Arlington Book Co.) It is shown from a 1906 catalog on pg 347 illustration 1235. Whatever she is holding in her hand should be straight and not bent or twisted as you show. Listed for $39.00 pretty expensive for the time
Message 4 of 4
latest reply