cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with dating lamps and style TYIA

IMG_7631.JPGIMG_7632.JPGIMG_7633.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pics    approx 26.5"  I have a pair The faceted green balls appear to be glass but refract color so I was thinking they might be crystal  Would that be possible?  I think these are made very nicely   They're a combination of brass and marble  The cord does not look too old but was wondering what era these might be from   What keywords could/should I use?  What style are these?  Would Hollywood regency fit?  I know that usually is a bit more gawdy and gold   Any help witll be much appreciated   Thank you in advance   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

bump for help please
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Can anyone help me please TYIA

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@gauntlettgems "Gothic" style lamp, something one would see on a Batman Movie in Wayne Manor.  THAT is the exact impression I get when I look at it.  Or perhaps the lobby of an old library ... really old library.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln. I would never had guessed gothic so vintage. The green objects refract so I am thinking they are possibly lead crystal

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@gauntlettgems

@gauntlettgems wrote:
@mr_lincoln. I would never had guessed gothic so vintage. The green objects refract so I am thinking they are possibly lead crystal

Well, I saw you "bumped" the thread in hopes of some help so I gave it my absolute first impression ... although I did look at this shortly after you listed it but had no clue other than it was interesting.  Not sure about the lead crystal, I am no expert ... hope someone comes along to let you know it is a priceless piece!

Regards,
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln Priceless? Lol. I wish. I truly appreciate your help I was at a total loss trying to figure out the Style and/or era I just want to list them properly. I usually don’t sell lamps but these caught my eye. I wish they would go with my decor

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@gauntlettgems  I understand ... sometimes on the base of the light bulb socket there is a newer label ... if that is the case then the lights are not that old.  The cords too can be telling of the age ... some older lights had those thinner two prong plugs AND both prongs were the same size.  Today's plugs have one prong that is taller then the other to fit newer outlets ... this is so the electricity gets to the switch side of the bulb socket and not through the bulb socket first and then the switch.

Regards,
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The prongs are the same size so I know this is a little older I’m thinking 50’s through 70’s

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@gauntlettgems

@gauntlettgems wrote:
The prongs are the same size so I know this is a little older I’m thinking 50’s through 70’s

Exactly ... you can probably call a local electrician and ask about when the outlets changed to allow the two sized prongs ...

Regards,
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It. Would be easier if you could show the guts, the eletrical parts closer. Lbuilding lamps is a hobby and id say early 50s late 40s.. Try maching the hardware in google images
JayFr3d
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@Jerrfredricks0_0 do you mean the underside? ty

Message 12 of 12
latest reply