cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any thoughts on what this is???

Hi..can anyone help me identify this piece? The top of the round fluted piece has an opening...to insert a photo maybe? I've had it for so long and can't figure out what it is. The top has pin/nail holes so it appears it was hung on a wall. It is approx. 6 3/4" long and has beading embellishments on it.

Thanks for your help!

Lorri

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's Victorian and meant to hang by your bed to hold something.   Smaller ones were watch pockets and I've seen larger ones as slipper holders.  Too bad it's not in better condition.  I think these pieces are charming.  I love the beadwork and the overcasting holding the front and back together!

Laura

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

And yes I know this is a very old post!  But since no one answered I thought I'd give it a shot since the pics were still up.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

These items were made in Victorian times through Edwardian times /..They were made for tourists by Iriquois indians .kook up whimseys and you will see some others .....some were for sewing This one looks like a watch holder or a picture holder the native americans along th eCanadian border in Quebec and Ontario were noted for these

Message 4 of 4
latest reply