cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping coins outside the USA

It looks like a lot of US coin sellers do not use eBay's Global Shipping Program for shipping coins outside the USA.  Why is that?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

well, first off, the category does not qualify for the Global Shipping Program 🙂
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Coins are not one of the restricted categories:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/shipping-globally.html#restricted

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am on the tail end of selling my coin collection, so I can shed some light on this.  This is a very risky category of items for sellers,  as there are fradulant buyers galore.  Coins are small, very easy to re-sell, can be worth alot of money.  Even experienced sellers have been burned.   That's only selling in the USA.

Having to deal with global customs and fee issues, and the fact that many foreign postal workers are less than honest makes selling numisnatic items a nail-biting nightmare.  Conversly, foreign sellers (of the honest variety) seem to do quite well selling to the US.  Most coins get through without a problem.

There are enough US buyers to make taking the world wide selling risk unnecessary.  Just my opinion.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

to other countries, then... 🙂
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

a question please? if we use the global shipping program and the item 'gets lost' after it is shipped from the Global Shipping center in kentucky, are we, the sellers, on the hook for that loss?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No.  The fee you pay to ship globally covers that.  You are off the hook financially once your package reaches the GSC.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just another quick word.  The GSP is a courtesy program to make it easier to ship worldwide.  In that, it's quite usefull.  However, somebody has to pay to ship your package wherever it has to go.  And numismatic items, especially high value items have had some problems.  Theft, high postage etc...  I just don't think it's worth the extra effort to reach a small market when your primary market is domestic.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

thank you kindly for the info 🙂
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I've done over 100k auctions and the few that went over seas ended up in me losing the money and the coins. Its not worth the sale.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply