cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroading Category. Please start complaining here!

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroad Category. It is important you start complaining here and also calling them, they are out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroading Category. Please start complaining here!

They have screwed up a lot of categories today

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Everyone needs to call customer service and complain.

I just spent the last 20 minutes going from one rep to another and finally a manager.

If no one complains, nothing will change.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

They have screwed up a lot of categories today

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Everyone needs to call customer service and complain.

I just spent the last 20 minutes going from one rep to another and finally a manager.

If no one complains, nothing will change.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Not just selling...

Searching to buy is more challenging.

Will never understand the logic at Ebay...

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

We totally agree that ebay has totally messed up the Model Railroad categories.  We are interested in buying Lionel Postwar (1945-1969) and Lionel MPC (1970-186).  It is impossible now to look at just these items.  We either get too few or look at too many.  Sellers didn't always put in the year since many times it is  difficult to determine exactly which year. They  relied on the categories based on a range of years.  Now this is all gone.   

We agree ebay should undo the change and return to the previous categories.  I'm not sure what their explaination is for the change.  I hope the sellers are letting ebay know the impact as well.  From a buyer's perspective, we have given up on looking for Lionel trains on ebay until something changes for the better (hopefully back the way it was). 

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

Hope they didn't do this on purpose! They'd better fix it fast!

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

They did it on purpose....

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

@wdasilva76 wrote:

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroad Category. It is important you start complaining here and also calling them, they are out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, just checked my Plasticville models and they are in "Other O Scale".  Awesome! <sarcasm>

What other categories were screwed with today?

Model Railroad category is just one of many categories screwed up.  Antique category is just one big joke unless you search something specific.

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

EBAY RETURN MODEL TRAIN CATEGORIES TO THE WAY THEY WERE! This restructuring of yours was an extremely bad idea making searching very difficult. You have generalized model trains as a whole. Are you serious. I have been a buyer and seller on eBay since 1998 and this is ridiculous. Too many items with too many things in one place putting too much emphasis on searching. Fix this, bad idea.
Message 9 of 73
latest reply

This is now a giant mess.  IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!  EBAY put it back the way it was!  

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

This change is unacceptable in that it eliminates the postwar, prewar and modern era categories of Lionel trains for example. What a mess.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

To follow-up, I called Ebay customer service and was transferred to someone in India who didn't even know what a Lionel Train was. No wonder we have these problems. They don't have a clue.

@97svt wrote:

This change is unacceptable in that it eliminates the postwar, prewar and modern era categories of Lionel trains for example. What a mess.

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Less categories must be easier for them. Then again the less people can find the less they can buy. Seems like they are hurting themselves as well. They never have and never will care about the seller like making everybody use PayPal because it was safer then postal money orders... right! more money and more control for them is what it was or eliminating buyer feedback so all buyers have 100%, yet giving buyers many ways to rate a seller even with thing out of their control.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

Totally unacceptable! A real nonsense! An enormous waste of time for collectors!!
Message 14 of 73
latest reply

I was going to list some great Lionel Postwar stuff today. The first listing I wrote came up with a category error.

I'm not going to list anything that relies on category browsers for bidding until I can figure out how buyers are finding items.

Message 15 of 73
latest reply