cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Steam engines coming from China

I build steam engines and ocassionally buy steam engines and parts here on eBay. I usually scan all the new listings under "steam engines" and over the past week I've began to notice that there are listing for vintage steam engines and such listed with the Buy it Now option at incredibly low prices, sometimes listing more than one item available. I made one purchase and then later on noticed a different seller selling the same exact item, same photo used in the description and all. New Seller, just signed up that same day with a mailing address in China. Just wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if this is legit or some sort of scam? I hardly ever buy anything outside of the U.S. unless it is with an established business. I've purchased many newly manufactured steam engines and parts from China from established businesses and have never had any problems. I'm hoping that I receive the item that I purchased, but just wanted to get the word out just incase.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@georgeo7089 wrote:

I build steam engines and ocassionally buy steam engines and parts here on eBay. I usually scan all the new listings under "steam engines" and over the past week I've began to notice that there are listing for vintage steam engines and such listed with the Buy it Now option at incredibly low prices, sometimes listing more than one item available. I made one purchase and then later on noticed a different seller selling the same exact item, same photo used in the description and all. New Seller, just signed up that same day with a mailing address in China. Just wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if this is legit or some sort of scam? I hardly ever buy anything outside of the U.S. unless it is with an established business. I've purchased many newly manufactured steam engines and parts from China from established businesses and have never had any problems. I'm hoping that I receive the item that I purchased, but just wanted to get the word out just incase.

@georgeo7089

SCAM!!

Your scenario is most likely the Asian SCAMMERS. They list everything, includding handbags, charcoal grills, tech items, you name it. 

The scammers steal descriptions and pics from legitmate sellers. Then they list like crazy. There are thousands of IDs listing all day, every day. It is like a game of Whack-A -Mole.

You will most likely get an envelope with some small Chinese **bleep**. But since the scammer can prove delivery, you're stuck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@georgeo7089 wrote:

@georgeo7089

SCAM!!

Your scenario is most likely the Asian SCAMMERS. They list everything, includding handbags, charcoal grills, tech items, you name it. 

The scammers steal descriptions and pics from legitmate sellers. Then they list like crazy. There are thousands of IDs listing all day, every day. It is like a game of Whack-A -Mole.

You will most likely get an envelope with some small Chinese **bleep**. But since the scammer can prove delivery, you're stuck.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply