cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller will only answer simple email questions about product by app only

How come  one seller will only reply to my product question using a E-bay app and not the  E-bay main site 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

because they can. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ronald305rchelicoptersdogs wrote:

How come  one seller will only reply to my product question using a E-bay app and not the  E-bay main site 

The seller can't be in front of a desktop all day, so they choose to reply by ebay app.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Why does this even matter?  Just curious. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

They might only do ebay from a small device.   If the description does not answer all of your questions and the seller does not provide answers to your questions, then skip that auction.  Go ahead and tell him too.    I sell with 2 other names and I like using the ebay APP but if the answer needs to be detailed, I will go to my laptop.   One more thing,  I would let the seller know that his  short answers don't answer your questions/concerns and also perhaps his description is too short.  Let him know that you will buy that item from somebody else.   I have seen descriptions that contain 3 or 4 words!  I would not bid on such a description.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There's a local music store I hate shopping at but which I am forced to do business with once in a while. They're the only ones open at the sort of time of day when one might break a string before a gig and within reasonable driving distance.

I hate shopping there because there's always a minimally-paid teenager behind the desk who knows absolutely nothing about anything and can't handle any questions beyond reading price tags or acknowledging whether something's in stock. If I ask anything tougher, like, "do you know if this is a new or used amp?" they can only respond with a shrug and a "uh-uhh?" 

They probably can't hear half of what I say through the thrash metal that's blaring out of their earbuds. 

Yet.. that store stays in business. Probably because morons like me keep giving them money.

If your seller isn't giving you satisfactory answers you shouldn't reward them with your business!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply