cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID this old doll

7" tall. Looks like its hand painted on the face and socks and shoes. Really dirty. I dont know what to clean it with. Didnt want to mess it up so I left it alone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

From the pictures, the doll appears to be all-bisque, cold painted, pin-jointed or strung at the shoulders and hips. The left arm looks like a newer replacement (?). Clothing appears to be non-removable and original.  This was an inexpensive doll in its day and may have been a carnival prize. If you want to gently clean it a little bit, I would suggest a soft cloth/Q-Tip and warm water, staying away from the painted areas, as you don't want to inadvertently rub that off.  Without markings (usually found on the back of the head or the torso), a sticker, a stamp, etc., it it difficult to identify a manufacturer. I think it was made circa 1930's.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, Someone replaced the arm with a plastic one. I will try to clean it up a bit to see if I can see any marks. Will let you know what i find, if anything. Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can find a professional Doll Cleaning solution for sale on Ebay by just typing that in to your "SEARCH" engine. I can't tell you about it's effectiveness though?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply