cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISTING

WHEN I APPLY A PRICE TO MY ITEM ON THE LISTING PAGE,  THEN HIT PREVIEW IT CHANGES THE AMOUNT.  HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.  IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG IT DOES NOT EVEN GIVE YOU AN ERROR MESSAGE AND HOW TO CORRECT IT.  AT TIMES I EVEN GET A LISTING PAGE WHICH IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE I STARTED USING WHEN I STARTED SELLING ON EBAY ABOUT A WEEK AGO.  I MAY BE NEW BUT I NOT STUPID.  I HAVE HAD PROBLEM WITH THIS IS ALL DAY TRYING TO LIST ITEMS ONLY TO BE DETERRED WITH THIS MIS-PRICING OR A CHANGE OF PRICING.  I TRIED CALLING EBAY TWICE TODAY BUT NO LUCK CONTACTING A HUMAN VOICE.   WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THE OPTION TO BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST AND NOT LOOSE YOUR PLACE IN LINE AND CALL ME BACK.  PAYPAL HAS IT,  WHY DOESN'T EBAY?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

LISTING

I'm not certain this is the reason you are having a problem, but it might be. There are 2 separate "forms" to use when listing: 1 is for a fixed price listing with a Buy It Now (and you can add "Or Best Offer"). The 2nd "form" is for an auction-style listing, where you enter a starting bid, and you can enter a "reserve" price so that you don't have to sell it unless it reaches (at least) that reserve price. I always use the 1st "form" but have found myself on the 2nd form and then can't figure out why the numbers I'm entering aren't accepted. Just a thought from my own experience.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

LISTING

I was aware of that possibility and made sure I was on the right form and it still didn't work.  But thanks for the feedback.  The tech that I finally got it touch with could not fix it himself and passed the problem up the line to a program expert.  I have not heard back if they found the solution.

yours truly,

Eric Lundgren

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

LISTING

@ericbarbaric  Are you using the quick listing tool, it's been glitching lately.

I suggest trying this listing form if you're not already using it.  Don't let the name scare you.  It just has a couple of boxes you chose to check or not for things like best offer or auto relisting.

Advanced listing form:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-advanced-listing-form?id=4159&st=2&pos...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply