cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kestner Doll

I am looking for a little advise from doll collectors out there.  I found a Kestner doll and rescued her from a very dirty shelf inside of an old craft studio out in the backwoods here in Oregon.  Her head is really nice with glass eyes but her mohair wig is completely down to the scalp.  Her body is filled with sawdust , is made of kid leather and she has clothes in very poor condition.  The head has come away from the body mostly and the sawdust spills out.  The leather has been repaired before with very old fabric bandages, it's in poor condition. My question is that I am not quite sure how to sell her.  Should I leave her as is and sell her this way or is it better to just take the head, hands and whatever I can salvage and sell her that way?  Any advise would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Kestner Doll

I would sell the doll with all its parts, tattered though they may be.  Collectors generally prefer original over new. Example: I bought a German fashion doll with a new acrylic fiber wig. When I took the new wig off, I was delighted to find her original wig under it. That human hair wig had been given a major haircut by someone over the last 125 years, but my doll looks gorgeous with it.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply