cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with doll i.d.

Hello.  Please help. eBay won't allow me to post photos here----and I NEVER have trouble posting on other sites or even when selling. A glitch?  I give up on the photos.

I hope you can wade through this description and give me some guidance, please.

I have been given a boxful of antique dolls to sell (on commission) by a friend.  After looking and looking and looking (magnifying glass, asking housemates to help) at the mark on the back of the one doll's head, I cannot deciper the letters. EFLANELL?  It's driving me crazy.

Here is a detailed description of her:

She is 8.25" tall. She is definitely old.  She is all one material---composition? Not bisque or plastic.  Her arms and head can be moved.*** She has on wooden clogs.***  Her eyes are painted on and glance to her right. Her hair is like baby doll hair----only atop her head, and under her white linen bonnet. There are embossed grooves to look like hair, brunette.  She is wearing red, white and blue w/ an apron of white and red polka dots. The broad hem on her apron is blue. Her skirt is down to her ankles and is of a tiny squares print---red, white, blue, yellow.  She has beautiful silk stockings which reach up to her hips.  

Thank you in advance for any help you might give me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help with doll i.d.

Wonderful!  Yes, it is she.  Wow.  Thank you.  Love that you knew and shared the detailed posting with me. Thanks ever so much.

👍

😘

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Help with doll i.d.

Could the doll be marked: EFFanBEE?  Between 1938-1943, Effanbee made a series of dolls wearing ethnic costumes called "Butin-Nose;" 8" tall, all composition, molded hair, painted side glancing eyes, jointed at neck, shoulders. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Help with doll i.d.

Thank you so much for the information.  I will look again. It is frustrating in the extreme to be unable to read such marks. But----I think you are right, as this doll came to me along with several other effanbee dolls.  (The other marks were all clear as day, easy to decipher.) I appreciate greatly your help with this i.d. Good job.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Help with doll i.d.

Wonderful!  Yes, it is she.  Wow.  Thank you.  Love that you knew and shared the detailed posting with me. Thanks ever so much.

👍

😘

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Help with doll i.d.

You are most welcome. I love dolls. You gave a fabulous description and knowing the doll was most likely Effanbee, the rest was easy. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply