cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a refund

Hi, I've never had this happen to me before so I don't know what to do about it. I've won two auctions, but the items aren't available. Both were honest mistakes. What do I do to get a refund without it reflecting badly for the seller or I? Both have sent messages apologizing and one wants me to just not pay and it will go away, and the other one wants me to cancel the order. Is there anything I can do to make this right for all of us? Thank you! Blessings, Laurieom

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Getting a refund

The seller needs to cancel the sale - contact the seller seller and say you want to cancel the sale - ask him to select the "buyer requested to cancel" option. It wont be counted against him. You just need to agree if ebay emails you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Getting a refund

@laurieom wrote:

Hi, I've never had this happen to me before so I don't know what to do about it. I've won two auctions, but the items aren't available. Both were honest mistakes. What do I do to get a refund without it reflecting badly for the seller or I? Both have sent messages apologizing and one wants me to just not pay and it will go away, and the other one wants me to cancel the order. Is there anything I can do to make this right for all of us? Thank you! Blessings, Laurieom

Only those sellers can cancel. That seller that told you to not pay is wrong. You will receive a strike if you don't pay up. 

Those sellers need your ok to cancel.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

The seller needs to cancel the sale - contact the seller seller and say you want to cancel the sale - ask him to select the "buyer requested to cancel" option. It wont be counted against him. You just need to agree if ebay emails you.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

Thank you very much!!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

Thank you very much!! I didn't think it would be right to not pay!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

Will it be counted against me if I request to cancel the sale?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

no - only if you don't pay AND the seller files a claim of an unpaid item.
I am not sure if EBay really does anything to buyers who dont unless you do it constantly.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Getting a refund

Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it so much! You are a great credit to EBay!! God Bless!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply