cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertising

I have sent two messages to the seller in regards to an item I bought in September.  The item was listed as a Power Ranger, it was given to my grandson for Christmas, for he wanted the Purple Power Ranger for his collection.  After opening it for Christmas he was very excited, until his uncle, looked at it and said, "that is a Beetleborg". I have sent two messages to the seller asking for explanation and they have yet to respond. 

ORDER DATE
Sep 10, 2017
ORDER TOTAL
US $3.00
See description
Order Bandai 1997 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers purple Figure
View similar items
- ORDER DATE Sep 10, 2017
View seller's other items
- ORDER DATE Sep 10, 2017 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

False Advertising

You cannot file SNAD with eBay because the 30-day window has lapsed. File the case SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) with PayPal where buyers are given 180 days from delivery to file a claim. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

False Advertising

Hello, Not my area but aren't beetleborgs part of the Power ranger "universe"?

Not saying it wasn't miss identified, just it may have been a small error not False Advertizing.

RJ

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

False Advertising

Not same, but same creator (Saban).  It's like saying Cinderella and Snow White are the exact same thing because they're a product of Disney.  Close, but not same and not the same as far as demand. or interest.  Borgs enjoyed a brief 2 year production in mid/late 1990s whereas PR has been around 1993-current(?).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

False Advertising

How sad the Uncle is that he ruined an obviously happy child's Christmas. You could file SNAD through PayPal, then have to take the item back from your grandson to send it back for your refund. Or the Uncle could have just not said anything and the kid would be none-the-wiser.

I AM NOT condoning false advertising and you are well within your rights to fix the issue...but sometimes the $3.00 is worth a lot less than a smiling child.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply