cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKE LOL DOLLS - I WISH EBAY WOULD BAN SELLERS

for gifts we purchased several lol dolls from multiple vendors on ebay. I was naive to believe I was safe here at ebay, my hope is ebay will have a zero tolerance for those selling fakes.  These people know they have fakes before they are sold.

Unfortunately, we didnt spot they were fakes until children opened their gifts, what a bummer for the kid, unfortunately we bought two fakes and are out $40.  You would think, oh, I will contact ebay or paypal and they will give me my money back, they will protect me.... sadly, thats not true.  You have to ask the seller to make it right first, but the seller refuses to give you all your money and you still have to wait a couple weeks to ask ebay to intervene.  I have filed a claim with Pay pal, but I think ebay needs to be more expeditious in protecting those of us who are acmmed by sellers.  Why wait until February to step in and stop this seller and get my money back ?

Here is a You Tube that might help others buying LOL dolls to know if they got some fakes.

Have a good day,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgCncp_EyU

H4rley_P4rts

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You do know that opening an INAD on ebay will get your money back?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@h4rley_p4rts wrote:

....my hope is ebay will have a zero tolerance for those selling fakes. 

... I will contact ebay or paypal and they will give me my money back, they will protect me.... sadly, thats not true.  You have to ask the seller to make it right first, but the seller refuses to give you all your money and you still have to wait a couple weeks to ask ebay to intervene.  I have filed a claim with Pay pal, but I think ebay needs to be more expeditious in protecting those of us who are acmmed by sellers.  Why wait until February to step in and stop this seller and get my money back ?

Ebay does have a low threshold for Fakes, compared to most flea markets.

You are mad because you were duped, you know or believe that you will get your money back, but not soon enough. You ask, Why wait til February? I am not sure if that is the correct time frame, but one reason to wait is because then you will get your money back.

If you had purchased these at a flea market you would never have gotten any money back. That's how it was in the old days of eBay, believe me when I say that because I lost over 2 grand back then. I am happy to wait for a refund for one simple reason: I WILL GET IT.

You could have purchased your christmas gifts at Target or Walmart or ToysRus, and then brought them back on December 26th for a full refund (minus gas and milage) and no questions asked after waiting in line for 4 hours. And if having your refund given in a very quick manner is important, then eBay may not be the best shopping experience for you. But I am guessing the reason you shopped at eBay is because the price and selection was better? Right? You can't pay budget prices and expect Tiffany & Co. service.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

OP Sorry this happened to you. 

I am currently stuck in LOL Surprise Doll land with my adorable, spoiled, 2.5 year old daughter, all day, every day. We make frequent trips to various stores to buy these things. My advice to anyone trying to buy these things is to just buy them from the store. Not ebay, not amazon, an actual store. Preferably Walmart. 75% of the time they have them in stock. Even around christmas time my daughter was knocking back 2 a day because they were always stocked with something (pets/big/little/charms). On the times when they weren't we learned a life lesson and they had them the next day. The prices being charged with shipping online just really isnt worth it especially if you are buying more than one.

Expert Tip: If you get to the store and the boxes are empty just look around in all the toy aisles and behind things. I have found many a hidden LOL Suprise Doll this way and saved the day!

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sorry you had this experience, OP. 

On almost every Ebay page, they show the Ebay MBG logo.  That is the Money Back Guarantee~~and it says, Get the item you ordered or your money back.

Ebay gives you thirty days to open this case in the Resolution Center.  You may have to return the items to get your refund, but the seller pays return shipping, ebay sends you a label and you get five days to get the item in the mail.  When delivered back to the seller, you are refunded your cost for the item and original shipping.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I also wish they didn't charge so much for some of the older real LOLs like Curious QT and Kitty Queen on here so people aren't forced to buy unsafe fake versions although I notice that some of the fakes are starting to be withdrawn
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Also on Paypal you can open a case for a refund as well
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Wish they'd ban these ones selling the hard plastic cake topper LQLs and any others that turn out to be unsafe and just sell the ones that are safe
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Can you explain how you feel that anyone is forced to buy anything fake? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

As a mum that recently has 'had to' start buying LOL dolls, I've already been burnt 3 times!!! I only started realising when I tried to check what I bought against what series of LOL dolls exist. Short story - what I bought did not 'exist'. I have had 1 delivered so far, that indeed turned out to be a fake, but I did get that money refunded. I've ordered two more, so we shall see when they arrive. But as soon as you start getting familiar with the few series of LOL dolls that are made, it is so easy to spot the fakes, and they are EVERYWHERE!!! I am NOT buying more LOL dolls on ebay. Those, I'll get at the shop or from the actual LOL doll official seller on Amazon. What is so frustrating is that I didn't realise until after they were ordered. I wonder how many eager kids are going to be disappointed at Christmas / birthdays because aunty / grandma / mum / dad etc wasn't a complete LOL Doll expert!

I am now going through ebay listings reporting as many as I can, but it is a tedious process, and sometimes it is not 100% clear if the product is fake or not. The worst thing is that it doesn't seem that ebay is doing ANYTHING to discourage this seller behaviour. Right now, there is a 'Trending now' on eBay, with LOL Dolls being nr 1. From that link, of the 20 first listings, 9 of them are obvious fakes!

Please ebay, do something about this!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply