cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bradley Import Co. 30" dolls info needed

These 2 dolls measure 30 inches tall and have tags marked: Bradley Import Co. Los Angeles Calif.  I did a search and came up with a similar doll on Ebay called Valentina but I can't find any further info on the internet.  Looks like they both have had hair cut.  Are these rare (whatever that word means these days)?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@modulok! Try posting this on the dolls board - they are very knowledgable over there.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Dolls/bd-p/218

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is interesting. In 1991 or 92 I had a brick & mortar store & found the Bradley Valentina doll and some 24"(?) sisters at a wholesale show. I bought Valentina for one daughter, a smaller black doll for another. I now also have a 24" blonde. They were made for only a year or 2, I think in Croatia. The "skin" is exceptionally natural -- we've been stopped in airports when daughter draped V over a rolling suitcase & someone thought we were abusing a child! 
I never saw this design in this size, & these faces don't seem quite a pretty, but if they're from that time & company they're definitely rare.  Are they collectible?  Depends on whether someone want them 
They're great kid dolls-- daughter was 11 when she got V, is now 36 with 3 girls who still play with her. 
What are you thinking of doing with these 2?     Leslie Sirag

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is interesting. In 1991 or 92 I had a brick & mortar store & found the Bradley Valentina doll and some 24"(?) sisters at a wholesale show. I bought Valentina for one daughter, a smaller black doll for another. I now also have a 24" blonde. They were made for only a year or 2, I think in Croatia. The "skin" is exceptionally natural -- we've been stopped in airports when daughter draped V over a rolling suitcase & someone thought we were abusing a child! 
I never saw this design in this size, & these faces don't seem quite a pretty, but if they're from that time & company they're definitely rare.  Are they collectible?  Depends on whether someone want them 
They're great kid dolls-- daughter was 11 when she got V, is now 36 with 3 girls who still play with her. 
What are you thinking of doing with these 2?     Leslie Sirag

Message 4 of 4
latest reply