cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are diecast toys not selling much anymore on ebay?

Just checking out diecast toy cars and trucks and it seems almost every item listed has no bids regardless of brand, scale, cost or even how many days available? I see the 'odd one' but it's just page after page of listings and NO BIDS on anything? Wanted to know if other sellers are finding ebay just does not work much these days for those trying to sell diecasts? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Are diecast toys not selling much anymore on ebay?

Hello, yes you are right, they do not hold there value at all, green light, johnnylightning, m2, and all others.First off most of them are over produced, for instint, look at johnnylightnings white lightnings, JL will tell you they make 1 out of 1000 of the white lightnings, well do the research. I used to own over 600 WLs from lightning strikes with the colored tires to all the rest. Now in days take a good look at WLs that are say 3 to 5 years old, they have not increased in value in fact some are going for sale for no less than 15 to 20 dollars. Then go to that JL WL special page where they are priced and its a difference  of day&night,the fact is the newer ones, sellers are trying to get 45.00 to 75.00 dollars for them, while in the mean time in 2 or 3 yrs, those that are new now will be in the same 15 or 20.00 range too, so is the company lying about how many they produce or are they even metal any more. If i were you i would not even waste my money on any kind of diecast cars any more, look intobrass trains or  something that will give you a return for your money.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply