cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file exchange how to

Can anyone tell me how to use the file exchange to upload csv files.  Do you need to edit them before you try to upload them?  I am not tech savvy and it is getting very frustrating.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

file exchange how to

Yes, you need to edit them to add your item's info. Each item will be a little bit different...Title, price, description, quantity, shipping, item specifics, etc.

1) Download the correct template for the eBay category you wish to list your item in,

2) Edit the template to add the info that is specific to that (your) item,

3) Upload to eBay's FileExchange processor.

Please let me know what part of the above you need help with. Some of the instructions are here - https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions....

Note...For just a few items, the Advanced listing form is superior to FileExchange. The advanced listing form will give you choices for categories and item specifics. FileExchange does not.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply