cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not pay with Paypal within ebay ipad app

porky0918
Enthusiast
The ebay ipad is awesome but there seems be some problem with payment. After login to paypal it shows error to pay and I have to return to my PC to pay it.
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

I'm having the same problem. When I click the pay now pay pal button, nothing happens.
Message 2 of 55
latest reply

I had the same issue..i ended up going back to the previous screen and some how order the same "Buy Now" Item twice. I've contact EBAY about it after 2 cases were opened for my name and they said it's my fault that their APP is buggy.
I'm a software engineer..i know how to spot application issues.
Message 3 of 55
latest reply

sales9efu
Enthusiast
I have the same issue on my Blackberry Torch. I the ebay app. When clicking on "buy It Now" I get a message "This item requires immediate payment, a capability not supported by this application.
Message 4 of 55
latest reply

nick.tamair
Enthusiast
It gives an ambiguous error message that just says "return to your computer to complete". I was able to complete the purchase in my iPad using the web browser but what's the point of an app if you can't use it to buy?

EBay, will you comment on this thread?
Message 5 of 55
latest reply

becksrac
Enthusiast
I cannot make a payment on eBay iPad or iPhone app at all, I get invalid item I'd .
It was fine a week ago since update an now can't make payment via paypal on either iPad or iPhone, why?????
Message 6 of 55
latest reply

jacquiscloset
Enthusiast
I cannot make a payment on eBay iPad or iPhone app at all, I get invalid item I'd .
It was fine a week ago since update an now can't make payment via paypal on either iPad or iPhone, why?????

Hey Everyone, Thanks so much for the original post and all of the follow-up comments, I thought I was going crazy.As a looong term buyer/sometime seller, loyally hanging in here since way back when the majority of the listings were for Beanie Babies and Pez dispensers, I have dealt with my share of "Unique" buyers and sellers and although I am one of the friendliest most easygoing people there have been times when I have had to remain as polite as possible and work hard to complete a transaction with some seriously unbalanced people so as to protect myself from unfair negs, and fast
strikes, and like so many other people here who have saved everycommunication as backup to show ebay, I can't seem to get Paypal to work. It'll act like it worked so I move on thinking everythings good here, then the next time I sign on &check in, it's strike city.

I've spoken with and written to several ebay reps who both promised the app would be working soon and they would personally remove the strikes, guess what hasn't happened? o.h man
Message 7 of 55
latest reply

godh8su
Enthusiast
hi.

I've paid for several recent wins from my iPad. I use eBay classic. use paypal. have had no problems.

don't know what else to say.

good luck!!

I use my Iphone 4 to buy and sell on ebay daily and have never had that trouble whether being classic site, mobile site, or ebay app! Sounds weird
Message 8 of 55
latest reply

Hi I pay with paypal with both iPhone 4 and iPad 2. The only problem I have is a combined invoice. You might need to resynch. Or delete and reload it.
Message 9 of 55
latest reply

saj11_11
Enthusiast
I login eBay apps (ipad) and wasnt given the option of Singapore site. Hence, I chose a USA site but at payment stage, i was told that the service is not supported by the site. Instead, i was told to login eBay.com.

At eBay.com (using ipad), at payment stage, i was directed to paypal website. However, it prompted for seller email, which is unlikely PC that directs you to payment immediately. How would i know the seller email unless i asked. This doesnt seems user-friendly or efficient. There is also an admin fees which it prompted me if I or seller is paying. I dont recall seeing this charge on PC.

Anyone can advise if there is a more efficient way to make payment for ebay transactions?
Message 10 of 55
latest reply

geocards
Enthusiast

I made 15 purchase through my ipad 2 with the EBAY application and paid with paypal - Most were auctions but some were Buy It Now

I tried to make a Buy it Now purchase today and have the same problem.

My message was "we cant complete your purchase. please pay through Ebay on your computer"

When I spoke to Paypal, they tried to state a lot of (wrong) reasons why the transaction couldnt complete... blamed the payment card, selller... which I refuted.

Are there any work arounds?

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

ddelrosal
Enthusiast

Hello! Just thought I'd join in on this while I was looking for a solution for the ebay app.

Just 2 days ago I could pay through the ebay ap for my purchases. I did notice a change when ebay would connect to paypal. When I checked my options for payment, it no longer listed my account or cards but instead only gave me the option for Pay through Echeck or Add Card. Confusing, but the echeck still seemed to have the proper number after it for a payment. I won two auctions overnight, but when I went to pay, there was no button to make a payment. Just a yellow field saying "Payment Pending" Well I figured there might be some update going on and the option would come back after system maintenance or something. I could "Buy It Now" perfectly fine and pay right then, but my other autions are waiting for payment.

I don't have a laptop right now, just my iphone. Safari won't load the ebay mobile or classic page properly. In mobile, the text runs together and I can't figure out whoch button to click. In classic some feilds won't scroll to the bottom. I DON'T want to get a bad payment reputation all because the app and site is screwed up. It's not even a matter of an app update. I updated the app weeks ago and still had no problem bidding or paying. Why now all of a sudden???

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

coslads
Enthusiast
I was thinking I am the only one affected by this problem. When I tried to pay using the papal apps after loging with my PayPal username and password on both my iPhone and iPad, the system will return the message below:

Please add the number on your security key to the end of the password to login.

I do not have or use any security key before. I got no problem when making payment using my PC

Will appreciate it if anyone knows or have risen above this.

Many thanks.
Message 13 of 55
latest reply

Same as previous post, it says to add security key to end of Paypal password! Like other posts, I have never had a security key!

Come on Paypal, this is 2012, get your act together
Message 14 of 55
latest reply

mini_me_10541
Enthusiast

I was having this problem too and I think maybe my solution will help some other people. I think the problem lies in the fact that I linked my mobile phone to my account prior to the PIN log in solution.

I logged in to my Paypal account on my PC, went to my account settings where I can see my mobile phone number, then clicked on Edit.

I needed to reconfirm my mobile was linked to my account, then I was given the option to create a PIN for that phone.

Pin created, and now I can use ebay and paypal just fine by logging in with phone number and that PIN.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply