cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will TL continue to update?

With what looks like pretty big category/item specific changes coming in the summer according to the Spring update......will Turbo lister continue to update?

I've read some speculation that it will not......and this will be the beginning of it's slow death. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I think we need to ask @mypaymentstest  whether the new category changes will be migrated to Turbo Lister.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

I think we need to ask @mypaymentstest  whether the new category changes will be migrated to Turbo Lister.

@shipscript - As of right now. The plans are to still release updates for Turbo Lister that will include changes and new categories.

There aren't any plans to make improvements to Turbo Lister.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Does that mean we can still use it?  I used TL many years ago when I had a Windows computer.

When I went to download it about a month ago I saw that eBay said it was discontinued. 

I remember really enjoying using it.   I found a place to download it from, but haven't done it yet. Is it safe to download it from here?

http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister2/TurboListerInstall.htm

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It is safe to download from eBay. Hopefully, the download will work for you. I will test this this pm and let you know if it works for me. New users are discouraged.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I hope it works for you. I hope not everyone is discouraged from using it. I remember when Microsoft stopped  supporting Front Page. Expression Web  was too much to deal with for a lot of people, including me. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The download works fine for this user.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Great. Thanks for letting us know. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I've been using TL for many years now.  For me, it's the most efficient way to list hundreds of items because I can input all data off-line on my computer, then do a bulk upload of my listings all at once.

I attach up to 10 photos per item and when I have to do all that on-line, it becomes extremely slow and tedious as I have to wait for the photos to finish uploading before I can move on to repeating it for the next item, then the next item, and so forth.

You can quickly see how time-consuming and tedious the chore has become doing it on-line.  I get that, for sellers who have only a few items to sell, on-line editing is fine, but for the bulk sellers, TL is the only way to go.  I am still using TL for now,  but for how long, I don't know since eBay decided to kill it and updates

are hard to come by now...

I am perplexed as to the reason why eBay decided to drop the support for TL since volume sellers like myself have been depending on it for many years as there are no suitable alternatives (to my knowledge).  If you know of any, let us know.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I've been using TL for many years now. For me, it's the most efficient way to list hundreds of items because I can input all data off-line on my computer, then do a bulk upload of my listings all at once.

I attach up to 10 photos per item and when I have to do all that on-line, it becomes extremely slow and tedious as I have to wait for the photos to finish uploading before I can move on to repeating it for the next item, then the next item, and so forth.

You can quickly see how time-consuming and tedious the chore has become doing it on-line. I get that, for sellers who have only a few items to sell, on-line editing is fine, but for the bulk sellers, TL is the only way to go. I am still using TL for now, but for how long, I don't know since eBay decided to kill it and updates are hard to come by now...

I am perplexed as to the reason why eBay decided to drop the support for TL since volume sellers like myself have been depending on it for many years as there are no suitable alternatives (to my knowledge). If you know of any, let us know.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@mypaymentstest 

@shipscript 

Thanks for the info.......

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

How long should TL take to dl?

I gave my friend the link in this thread (her TL got corrupted somehow) and she said it's been DL since this morning and says it has 15 hours to go??
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

The TL install pkg is 32MB (which is trivial), and the download should take approx 1-2 min on a 3 Mbps DSL connection, and essentially instantaneous on anything faster like cable.

That assumes however that the eBay server isn't throttling and delivers at the full speed of the user's connection, which it does not (I've noticed a lot of eBay servers are slow like that). It started out choking it down to 5 kB/s on my 3Mbps connection (and sped up later). Even remaining at 5kBps should only take 1-2 hours.

Your friend should restart the download.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks I'll let her know
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Re: " I am perplexed as to the reason why eBay decided to drop the support for TL since volume sellers like myself have been depending on it for many years as there are no suitable alternatives (to my knowledge). If you know of any, let us know."

Me too! Have you found any reasonable solutions? If so, can you share with us? Certainly, we are NOT the only ones!?! I have yet to find a comparable! I actually have the TurboLister cd, EBay sent to me years ago, however I am unable to get it to work on new desktop. It should be as simple as an "UPDATE"! Perhaps, perks for ebay sellers, are all but gone!?! Thanks in advance, for any information and if I learn of something, will be sure & post an update!
Cheers,
Tatiana

Message 15 of 16
latest reply