cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

I prefer to use the Classic Site on my iPhone and until this evening have not had any issues using it. Now, when I click on the "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, it says "Something went wrong. We're sorry." So I called eBay and they told me it was a problem because I use Safari. Was never a problem before. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To be clearer for those who do not understand...

For mobile devices - You can use your device's browser to access eBay, just like a desktop.

Tap your device's browser icon, tap the url (address) line, the type in ebay.com,

Enlarge the page, and Tap Sign in, once you are signed in,

• For Chrome,
    Tap the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner to open the drop down menu
    Tap Use Desktop Site
  • For Safari,
    Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar of the Mobile eBay site.
    When the menu appears, tap Request Desktop Site.
  • For FireFox,
    Tap the three dot menu icon
    Tap the checkbox for Request desktop site.

Courtesy of Quiltgeek.

Note: This 'desktop' version allows access to most account options. This is dangerous on mobile devices, which are easily lost or stolen. One should sign out of the 'desktop' version when done.

If your mobile device is lost or stolen, call eBay immediately, and ask them to cancel the session, for that mobile device.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 42 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Mine isn't working either I use Safari. Ebay needs to fix this.

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

I cleared my cookies, etc. as the Customer Service rep suggested and it didn't do anything. She said they had "received a few calls about this" and would report my call as well and to wait 24 hours to see if it was working. Not sure what a few calls means to eBay but you may want to try contacting them if you haven't already done so and have your call be counted for too.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Why can't the problem be fixed. Never had it before august2. 

The mobil app doesn't let you see all the selling page at once. I hate that!!

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

It's not just an issue with safari. I use chrome on android and an seeing the same thing. 

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Go to Settings, Safari, Cookies. Select "Allow from this website only." Go back to eBay. Should be in classic mode now.

Just worked for me..

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Go to Settings, Safari, Cookies. Select "Allow from this website only." Go back to eBay. Should be in classic mode now.
Just worked for me..
Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Go to Settings, Safari, Block Cookies. Select "Allow from this website only." Go back to eBay. Should be in classic mode now.
Just worked for me..
Message 8 of 57
latest reply

@a_la_vintage

@prime_time_sales

@sellzalot09

@douglas.920

@megarainbow

Hi, all I just wanted to let you know you can also report the problem here, the more reports the more likely they will move it up in the que.  

Do not give any personal information until an eBay employee contacts you offline:

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Thanks, all!

Not sure why but it's working again!!! sunglasses

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

I am having the same issue on my abdroid phone ugh!

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Well, I spoke to soon... the issue has reappeared! I tried the suggestion above and nothing. It must be an eBay!😱

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

I tried it and it didn't work. Talked to a gal from eBay and she said I was the first to have this problem and that it was my phone!! Bull!!  Why is eBay messing with us again??!!

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

It sucks! I just downloaded google chrome, Firefox and dolphin brower, they all do the same thing! 

If you sell on eBay using mobile using the classic site is the only way you can print out postage labels as far as I no. Now I have people waiting for their items and I can't print labels because I can't access the classic site!! Grrrr 😠

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Same issue here started a couple days ago. Like others, I don't like the Ap or the Mobile view. Neither gives as much detail (easily) as the Classic site

VintageCarMagazines

Message 15 of 57
latest reply