cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Error

Dear Team,

When we upload my CSV file we get a  BAF Error 5  Unable to find Action ID for  task Revise   

We cant find any documentation on this error. 

Is the anybody who can tell me what this error means?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unable to find Error

You may have linefeeds in the headings. Once FileExchange encounters a LF, it processes that line, then starts from that point to gather up a new line. Since the Action verb must be the first parameter of each line, FE is not finding a valid Action verb there.

Linefeeds can be introduced into the heading line, when you cut and paste column headings from the AdvancedInstructions.

@Anonymous

Product:ReturnSearchResultsOnDuplicates and Product:UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery are two section headings in the AdvancedInstructions that have LFs in the text. You can see this if you cut (from the AdvancedInstructions) and paste into an Excel column heading. The text will split to cover multiple lines in the cell.

Product:ReturnSearchResultsOnDuplicates (between r and c of Search)  and Product:UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery (there are two in this text) 

Why? I can guess at no process that would place linefeeds in these text headings.

You can also introduce LFs in the headings, if you copy paste from a word processing program.

The headings are not the only place this can occur. Usually the issue occurs in you descriptions.

Does any of the Action (item) lines execute? Look in the description of the following item for a LF. If this error starts with the very first item, the issue is in the headings.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unable to find Error

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dollybeauty wrote:

@Anonymous

Product:ReturnSearchResultsOnDuplicates and Product:UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery are two section headings in the AdvancedInstructions that have LFs in the text. You can see this if you cut (from the AdvancedInstructions) and paste into an Excel column heading. The text will split to cover multiple lines in the cell.

Product:ReturnSearchResultsOnDuplicates (between r and c of Search)  and Product:UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery (there are two in this text) 

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, @dollybeauty!

We're working on updating the instruction guides. I'll make sure this is addressed in the next version.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply