cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister not finding pre-filled data

I posted this on another discussion, but saw no response.  The last several days if I input a UPC code into Turbo Lister it is not finding the data attached to that item, yet if I search eBay using the UPC code it will find the item no problem.   If I list directly from eBay it has no problem finding the UPC code.

I have updated, and re-installed Turbo Lister in the past couple of days and that did not fix the issue.  I am not the only one experiencing this.  Please let us know what the fix is or what you are doing about this.

Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jmickeyjr,

I replied in the other thread but would like the workaround visible to anyone who needs it.

We are working on a fix.

For the time being, you can list items with catalog product details without using the search by entering the UPC in the UPC/EAN/ISBN/VIN box and listing the item.

Once the item is on ebay the product details will be on the item. Any information that you don't fill in (Title, Photo, Description, etc) in Turbo Lister are filled in by the product details as long as there is a match for the product identifier supplied in that field.

upc.png

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am replying to my own post in order to see if anything is being done to fix this issue?  Its been over a month since the reply came saying you were working on it.  Is there any news to when?  It was nice to use the UPC to pre-fill the title as well as the details and much much quicker to list items that way.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Its NOW Sept 19, 2018 and TB search still not working.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Nice to know there is a work around on this. I do have my doubts that it will be fixed for those of us using Turbo.

Turbo was supposed to go the way of the dodo over a year ago.

There are other functions that have stopped working on listings created in Turbo. 

Example. country of origin in item specifics ends at India.

Perks that are supposed to go with a store subscription like enlarge photo no longer work.

I really doubt that any of this will be fixed. We have had a respite using this excellent tool but we were warned.

Radine

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Program and Data Updates are available for Turbo. Click Tools>Check for program updates

This is a required update. Hopefully, it will address the above issues.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Well this last update didn't fix the country origin problem. Still cuts off at India.

I asked about the country thing in one of the weekly chats and was told that this particular item specific is not required and I should just ignore it. And if I wanted that info in the IS then I should just create a new one for it and add the country.

This last update also didn't get rid of the box you can type return details in which is no longer available.

The only thing I see this last update did was add stupid EPID section.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The fact that they are still creating updates for TL encourages me. I still think that TL will fail, in the future, but for now, it's still operational.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Agree this is great that support continues for TL.  Disagree that the country of origin is considered unimportant.  It is important when it comes time for an international sale on the shipping papers.  Odd that it is able to get data to cover basically half the countries on the list.  Maybe TL is not considered important to people that are selling commodity type items but when you get into collector type items and have over 1000 unique listings you are managing by yourself TL outshines using the Seller's Hub for adding a listing.  Also when you are working on a cellular data plan for uploads because that is all that is available to you again the TL outshines when bandwidth is being limited by demand.  Please keep the TL going.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The Temporary Work around has really messed things up for us because over the last couple of months I have been finding eBay is forcing Catalogue Information even though we have not selected it. We don't want it because the information is incorrect and most photos are terrible.  This is because the Catalogue Information is gathered from other Sellers Listings rather than from Manufacturer/Supplier product information.

What many scrupulous sellers do is use a Bar Code (EAN) from a branded product then apply there own 'made up' SKU so they get all the reviews and historic information. Basically they are misleading buyers into thinking they are getting a branded product but they end up with what ever the seller can get his hands on. Basically in most cases they send a cheaper product that's none branded.  This is totally messing up the catalogue system and the Growth Recommendation because eBay has now generated lots of incorrect historical information.  Just think about the damage this has done to the actual branded product and the hassle sellers are having when a buyer doesn't get what they thought they had ordered.

I have been passed from pillar to post regarding Catalogue Information being forced on us and finally Concierge gave me an email address where something 'hopefully' can be done. I have received a message back advising it has been escalated!

For anybody else that's having similar issues please email: : sdsupport@ebay.com

Hope this helps other sellers!

Man LOL

Message 10 of 10
latest reply