cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister 2 restore database issue (invalid pointer 80004003)

Hoping for some help...

I had Turbo Lister crash recently.  Fortunately, I'm relentless about creating backups, so restoring a backup, while time-consuming, is never an issue.  This time though, I received an error I haven't received before (Invalid pointer 80004003).  I get a message that the restore was completed successfully, but that some items and/or preferences could not be restored.  Unfortunately, none of my almost 8000 listings end up back in Turbo Lister.  I've tried with backups dating back over 2 months, and I get the same result every time... nothingness.  I have deleted/removed the app and re-installed it, to no avail.

Any suggestions are welcomed!  I'm trying to not yet think about the prospect of entering 8000 listings from scratch.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"I have deleted/removed the app and re-installed it, to no avail." - using the setupUS.exe file, on your computer? 

The backups you are trying to restore, are they from that same version, or an older version of Turbo?

AsTurbo has evolved, there have been times when the databases were also updated. This may cause issues with the restore of older data.

The current version is 9.923.101.0.

You might see this thread about turbo - https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Turbo-Lister-2/td-p/27320012/jump-to/first-unread-message

Mycal, a userid for an eBay associate(s), may be able to help. (Read my answer, also. There is info there to help you locate the log files.)

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@dollybeauty wrote:

"I have deleted/removed the app and re-installed it, to no avail." - using the setupUS.exe file, on your computer? 

- Using the Uninstall/change program app in my computer's control panel

The backups you are trying to restore, are they from that same version, or an older version of Turbo?

- This I can't answer with too much certainty.  I've tried restoring backups up to 2 months old, and backups from 1 day ago.  All give the same result.

AsTurbo has evolved, there have been times when the databases were also updated. This may cause issues with the restore of older data.

The current version is 9.923.101.0.

- My current version is 9.923.101.0.  I've also restored a version of 9.922.101.0, but have not had any luck with that either.

You might see this thread about turbo - https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Turbo-Lister-2/td-p/27320012/jump-to/first-unread-message

Mycal, a userid for an eBay associate(s), may be able to help. (Read my answer, also. There is info there to help you locate the log files.)

- I took a look at this thread and will contact that eBay associate.  Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No help from eBay. 

Does anyone know if there is a method where a program other than Turbo Lister is able to open up a .tlb and export it into a .csv file?

At least from there I can import it back into a newly installed version of Turbo Lister.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This will not work for you. There are programs that will read a tlb file. For that reason, eBay has encrypted the data in the file.

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@dollybeauty wrote:

This will not work for you. There are programs that will read a tlb file. For that reason, eBay has encrypted the data in the file.

Sorry, could you please clarify?  Are you saying that there are currently programs that are able to read a tlb file?  Or are you saying that there used to be until eBay decided to encrypt the data in the tlb files?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There was  a researcher in the UK that used a particular DB program to read TLB files. The data was encrypted at that time. The post should still be available on Google.

I can only add....Please read your User Agreement closely.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply