cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newsletter Sign up is Gone in the new Front Door Format.

We can not find a way for our customers to sign up for our newsletter in the new format.   In the old format, there was a link where customers could sign up, this link is gone in the new format. Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Try to put the link of "Sign up for newsletter" on listings description.
("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq

Do you have the correct link for this member?

In do not think the link in the description will work.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you but they have been no help at all.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?AcceptSavedSeller&linkname=includenewsletter&sellerid=ynot601

Simple button HTML that can be pasted into HTML tab while editing a listing (or added to some/all using the bulk editor):

<p style="margin-left: 5px;"><span style="border:1px solid lightgray;
padding:5px;border-radius:8px; background-color: #f0e68c;">
<font face="Arial" size="-1">
<a href="http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?AcceptSavedSeller&linkname=includenewsletter
&sellerid=ynot601" target="_blank"> Sign Up For My Store Newsletter </a>
</font></span></p>

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for your workaround, and we will use it. The only problem is that most people don't go to the full description on their mobile devices, which is what most customers are using now. We cannot for the life of us figure out why eBay removed the link when they changed the front door page format lately.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Glad it helped.

I guess I overlooked the "Front Door format" terminology you used in your OP, and have actually never heard the term used.

Now I gather that you are mostly? concerned with mobile viewers, in which case, the workaround/link won't work if they don't view the description as you have no control over any other aspects of the mobile view.

As to why eBay makes most of the design decisions they do? They claim "We asked, you told us, and we listened" on a lot of things, but they didn't ask anyone I can think of that would be ok with some of the idiocy the engage in. Maybe their focus group is alien invaders trying to fit in who haven't been on this planet very long. grin
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Amen!!!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply