cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates and Photos imported from Web

Hi,

I have set up templates to sell our products. I have uploaded the photos to be used in the listing from the photos on our website ("import from web"). When i set up the templates all looked good and the pictures were showing as there. But, when I try to use the template to create a listing it seems to fail to bring the photos with it and I end up having to go back and re-upload the photos.

Does anyone know how I can get round this?

Colin.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@powerpacltd

You have no items listed (on this account), so there is nothing for us to examine.

For images, and any other description aspect that is loaded from the internet, the protocol must be https:.

You can purchase a SSL certificate cheaply.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@dollybeauty

we need to look on the UK site...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/powerpacltd/m.html

@powerpacltd

Which tool are you using to list with your new template and photos?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@shipscript

I hope I am answering this correctly.

I am creating a listing and then saving it as a template, all within Ebay's seller centre. When creating the listings/templates, I upload the pictures to the template from images that are stored on our own website.

I hope that helps.

Colin.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@powerpacltd

I have seen occasional reports of images not sticking to drafts and inventory, and now templates, but don't have enough info to know why or for how long.

@mypaymentstest

I have a handful of images in one listing created through File Exchange so I just now revised and manually rearranged the photos on eBay's Advanced listing form. Above the photos was this message, which was a clue to problems coming:

"Only 1 photo allowed with Self Hosting option. For more photos use other import options"

But of course, I could see 5 photos, and I think this FE to SYI problem has existed for a couple of years.  I checked the URLs of the largest photos in the listing and they were eBay-hosted URLs, not webhosted URLs, so eBay had successfully retrieved and rehosted those images provided through File Exchange.

Without touching any other part of the SYI form, I moved the last photo to the front of the lineup and saved the rearranged listing anyway.  Now there are no photos at all in the listing.  I presume this could be related to the problem of disappearing self-hosted photos in templates, drafts, and inventory.

I had previously modified the listing to change title and price, without touching the photo section, and that revision encountered no adverse effects.  Looking at the revision history just now completed, I see "description" was flagged as edited, but it was not even touched, not even within the window during the picture rearrangement, so not sure what that is about.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply