cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL crashed during backup

So while doing my Compact and Backup on my main ID, TL crashed. Lost all my items, over 1,000 items. Not happy, happened just over a year ago too, but that was my fault, I think. Anyway, TL CS says to either do a "restore database" or "import the Active and Ended items from my eBay". They said I would not lose my photos either way. Hope this is true.
Just wanted to check with others to see which is the best way. I think I did the import from eBay last time, but with the help of a TL person on the phone with me all the time. Seems it took most of the day.
Also, I back up every 3 days, so I will be losing those 3 or 4 days of listings, etc. So wondering which is the best way to do things.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

TL crashed during backup

Well I did a restore database and thankfully it worked! Got everything back except I need to reorder items that ended or sold over the past few days. Will be contacting WonderLister Soon as I can't trust TL any longer.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

TL crashed during backup

For what it's worth...

I do not back up to a database - it takes up too much room.
I wait until all my "active" listings are done - go to the "ended listings"
folder, highlight all and export to a .csv file. While I lose the pictures - (extra work true but no big deal as I can always take more), I get to keep the descriptions (which I find more trouble than the pictures).
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

TL crashed during backup

@stickboy1974 wrote:
For what it's worth...

I do not back up to a database - it takes up too much room.
I wait until all my "active" listings are done - go to the "ended listings"
folder, highlight all and export to a .csv file. While I lose the pictures - (extra work true but no big deal as I can always take more), I get to keep the descriptions (which I find more trouble than the pictures).

Disk space is cheap. Re-taking and re-editing photos is a pain.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

TL crashed during backup

Actually, I should have been clearer. You are so right about taking and editing pictures. I already have all the photos on my hard drive already (that I am or will be selling). The only time I would miss not doing the whole database thing would be if I happened to stumble onto a similar item ( which in our house could be possible LOL ) that I had already sold 90+ days ago and need to relist.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply