cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more TurboLister come July. I am not happy

I received the notice that they won't support TurboLister  starting in July.  I had to laugh at the way they started it....

Because many eBay sellers continue to rely on Turbo Lister to list items quickly and easily, we want to give you plenty of time to transition to other listing options. 

Hello. Yes, there are a lot of us who do like to list quickly and easily.  For me, TurboLister does all that and helps me keep track of everything with no problems.

of course, I feel a money grab in the winds, since they also wrote...

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

Gee, sure sounds like it will be a non-free TurboLister. grrrrrrrrrrrrr  I live in the boonies and really like being able to save my items offline and work on them there.  Like they said in the email. I rely on my TL to list quickly and easily.  

Here is the full email I received.

Starting July 2020, we will stop supporting Turbo Lister. Downloads of the Turbo Lister listing tool in the US have not been available since 2017.

Because many eBay sellers continue to rely on Turbo Lister to list items quickly and easily, we want to give you plenty of time to transition to other listing options. We’ve already integrated many popular Turbo Lister features in Seller Hub to support you during the change.

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

In the meantime, many Turbo Lister features are available in Seller Hub at no cost. You can bulk list, edit, and manage your listings from the Active Listings tab. You also have the option of using other eBay bulk listing tools such as File Exchange. Learn more.

We appreciate your business.
Thank you for selling on eBay. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I agree 100% that this just stinks!

I am the least tech savvy person on the planet. I just read about how to use some of the choices and how to use File exchange. They might as well have spoken Greek.

I didn't understand one word of any of it.

IIRC they did a survey of TL users a year or 2 ago and most of the TL users said they would be willing to pay a small fee each month to continue using it. So WTH was the purpose of the survey? They clearly didn't care about the results.

This may just be the end for me.

What I am really wondering about is this: Will the tool just disappear in July? Why not leave it up so we could at least use the info there to carry over to do a simple Ebay listing by copying and pasting the info into something other than that awful seller hub.

It appears Ebay really doesn't care what might be easy for some sellers that don't know any other way and like me are not easy to teach the tech gobbledy **bleep**.

I can't wait for spring so I can try to get rid of all my inventory items at a massive garage sale. What's left will go to CL or the Ranch.

Views and sales here have dropped to a new low for me. I miss the good old days when I could actually make a good living here.

Now they are taking away the one thing that actually helped me in a way that was easy for me to grasp.

Another huge mistake IMO.

Seems to me that Ebay shows us sellers less respect with every announcement.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

1) I would actually be willing to pay something for good software, but not a monthly subscription. I only sold a few things last year, I *might* have broken even. Also, given the quality and workflow of the Seller Hub, I couldn't call it "good," and I'd expect their new software to be based on that.

2) As to motivations, small sellers are just an inconvenience to eBay. It's much easier to deal with a few big companies selling thousands of things than to deal with thousands of sellers selling a few things. So their system has gradually been moving to support huge sellers and either nothing is done for small sellers or the system actively inhibits them. I guess monthly free listings is still there, they haven't got rid of that.

It's too bad, it was a great idea to free up all the wasted potential of "random stuff in one place that someone somewhere else wanted." There might be another opportunity for "eBay stores" again, but only in densely populated places with low labor cost.

TL was/is not actually that great (it's mind-bogglingly slow, for example) - just better than the alternatives. It's hard for others to come up with alternatives because eBay loves to change things so much.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@merovignauctions wrote:

1) I would actually be willing to pay something for good software, but not a monthly subscription. I only sold a few things last year, I *might* have broken even. Also, given the quality and workflow of the Seller Hub, I couldn't call it "good," and I'd expect their new software to be based on that.

2) As to motivations, small sellers are just an inconvenience to eBay. It's much easier to deal with a few big companies selling thousands of things than to deal with thousands of sellers selling a few things. So their system has gradually been moving to support huge sellers and either nothing is done for small sellers or the system actively inhibits them. I guess monthly free listings is still there, they haven't got rid of that.

It's too bad, it was a great idea to free up all the wasted potential of "random stuff in one place that someone somewhere else wanted." There might be another opportunity for "eBay stores" again, but only in densely populated places with low labor cost.

TL was/is not actually that great (it's mind-bogglingly slow, for example) - just better than the alternatives. It's hard for others to come up with alternatives because eBay loves to change things so much.

It was for me too until dollybeauty helped me out. Then I had a computer friend find out was making it so slow. It works great for me now and is as fast as it was in the beginning.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

After selling hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years, with all the changes being for the worst, this may just be the last straw.  Ebay was great at one time, but it has gotten worse with every change.  We will see what alternative they come up with, but July may just be the end.  Too many other ways to sell without the ebay hassles.  Seems like many of the things ebay has now is cheap China **bleep**.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Agreed. I got that message as well, and I am disappointed to say the least..

Do you have any ideas how I will be able to relist listings/images that haven't been active for 90+ days? Preferably a free solution? Thank you.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I'm still waiting on ebay to follow through on their statement that they'd have a way to export all of those listings into seller hub. 

The right thing for them to do would be to develop that first ... and then announce that they weren't support turbo lister anymore.

I'm really hoping they do so because I've got 30,000 listings in my Turbo Lister database.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I feel your pain.I have almost 15,000 items in my Turbo Lister. I can easily move them to different Id's.
Ebay wants Listings but takes away the ability to store them,I DON"T GET IT
Felling discouraged and looking for alternative supplemental income sources today
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Does not supporting Turbo lister mean that you will not be able to submit listings? I understand not supporting it with updates and problems and software glitches.  If they shut it down completely I will actually retire. I have over 6000 listings in TL and have no intensions of doing some sort or conversion to another product.   

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@cyberspacecomics wrote:

I'm still waiting on ebay to follow through on their statement that they'd have a way to export all of those listings into seller hub. 

The right thing for them to do would be to develop that first ... and then announce that they weren't support turbo lister anymore.

I'm really hoping they do so because I've got 30,000 listings in my Turbo Lister database.

Don't hold your breath. Any other listing program with that many items will cost you a small fortune.

Do you have all these listed at once or do you rotate so many at a time?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yes, according to ebay the listings will not upload. Turbo lister was originally only made to support 300 listings.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Interesting. I've used TL since the beginning and never heard about being designed for 300 listings. That would really explain why it gets so bogged down when there are thousands of items in the database. Even going from listing to listing in a folder (in edit mode) can get frustratingly slow.

Over the years I've accepted Turbo Lister's warts and flaws believing it to be a program forever relegated to backwaters of eBay development in spite of how useful it is to so many eBayers who really don't want to shell out even more money on auctions fees (in the form of auction management software. ) Well, forever is no more.

Alas, poor Turbo Lister, I knew it well...

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

dandm13
Adventurer

ebay also sent a similar notice a couple years ago yet turbo lister is still here and working. i had a problem with it a few months later and when i called the ebay rep told me it was no longer functional and seller hub has the same options. told her you are not able to store listing there unless they are currently listed and she was clueless to that fact. finally got a transfer to the advanced apps team and they gave me a link to reinstall it. it may just be their scare tactic to get everyone to switch to seller hub or a pay program. i will keep my fingers crossed but if it goes so will i. their options

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Forget July. Thanks to ebay's stupid captcha thing which never loads but just spins, I can't even log into Turbo Lister right as of now.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Ebay wants active listings, not stored listings.

They want people to list what will sell quickly, or open stores to list lower priced slower selling items so they can generate a large income for no sales.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply