cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No <SaleTemplateID> exists or <SaleTemplateID> is specified as an empty tag in the request

I have a working listing template that needs some small adjustemnst and correction. This template has been in use for quite a while and has been working just fine. I could open it, I could edit, change, whatever and then save it and everything was just fine.

Recently, when I open the template for editing and make any changes and click [Save] an error pops up : 

No <SaleTemplateID> exists or <SaleTemplateID> is specified as an empty tag in the request

Basically, the update listing template cannot be saved anymore...

eBay support has no clue what the error means.

This is not about csv file uploads but the product listing template that can be accessed trough Inventory.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Look in the item description where you reference the <SaleTemplateID>.

Look at the name you have given the SaleTemplateID...Spaces?, Does the capitalization, punctuation, spelling match the saved SaleTemplateID?  Last hope...Copy the name of the SaleTemplateID into an excel spreadsheet. Does the name cover two lines? If so, you have a linefeed in the name. Remove. <-easiest way is to just delete the old name and reenter it.

Maybe another can help...@pocomocomputing ? These options do not exist on the US site (I think), this member is on the Canada site. Do you know/Have used these template options?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No idea why the error occurs. Never saw it before.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply