cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Problem Using TL2

A new problem for me in Turbo Lister 2.

TL2 has been working fine for years, all of a sudden when I click on the 'Description Builder' button link it freezes & refuses to work I have to force it to close via Task Manager. I have tried everything I know to repair including reinstall, several times. The issues remains.

Any assistance would be great.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

New Problem Using TL2

Are you creating a new listing, editing an inventory listing, or editting a currently active listing?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

New Problem Using TL2

It occurs either way. I have tried editing an inventory listing and also making a new one. Every time I click on "description" the program does nothing. When I click with the mouse it makes an error noise but does nothing. I have to use task manager to close the app.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

New Problem Using TL2

Since the program opens, Compact!! (Tools>Compact databases). If it fails, restart Turbo and repeat immediately.

Does the Description builder work now?

If not, you need to ask the experts on Turbo...

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

Or send an email, from your registered email address, to turbodata@ebay.com. Include your userid and as complete of a description as possible. (address it Attn: Brooke).

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

New Problem Using TL2

Thanks for trying but it didn't work. I will contact the experts as you suggested.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

New Problem Using TL2

Make sure your Internet Explorer browser is up to date even if you do not use it as a browser. TL uses components from Internet Explorer.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

New Problem Using TL2

Was on phone with support all afternoon. He finally gave up and said it was more than they could fix. I ended up having to reinstall windows. It works ok now. Not sure what happened and I'm glad I only use that laptop for ebay so nothing else was effected.  Apparently the dhtml file would not load for some reason. Even after manually downloading the file from microsoft and installing, still would not load. I have a suspicion it had something to do with Windows Defender. There was an update to Defender and a windows update at the same time Turbo Lister stopped working. I had no restore points before that time so could not restore. Thank you to all who tried helping.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply