cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Inkfrog problems

Inkfrog deleted most all my listing descriptions I have over 11k in listing. Inkfrogs customer service is no help and is afraid to talk to me about this problem. I posted on their Facebook page and they deleted my post and blocked me. Very mature of a company !

They told me to leave to the token open while their system continued to remove my descriptions. Without doing anything except telling me they are working on it they could have saved my data if they had acted quickly. But no jiust the same run anround you get from any company that hides behind its TOS Ebay needs to dump this company! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Major Inkfrog problems

Not sure, but I looked at a number of listings and they have description, although very brief.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Major Inkfrog problems

We found over 3000 missing that I had to re-code from scratch took 18 hrs
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Major Inkfrog problems

@oconeeoff-road

We had a similar post some months ago and the reason that seller's descriptions were removed by the service they employed is because the seller had typed or pasted new description text between the tags that held the widget the service was removing. In other words, the description had been pasted inside the widget.  So when the widget (active content) was removed, so was the description. Unfortunately, a program just can't tell the difference and problems like this can occasionally occur.

Situations like that can be quite tricky because there is no way for a bot to know that something like that has happened. When I help sellers remove active content, we usually look at only a handful of listings to determine what method can be used. If we don't pick a representative handful, then unexpected things could happen. That is why the "Bulk Active Content Editor" tool makes a backup copy of all descriptions it changes and advises the user to save that backup.

I even had a "Bulk Active Content Editor" user who revised listings and encountered a similar problem where the edit did not go well. In that situation, they were advised to restore the backup data and we tried a different approach.

In another case, the seller descriptions appeared to be blank; but in reality, they were just invisible (white on white) and were not that difficult to make visible again.

I'm sorry this has happened to you and I can't think of any way to recover without a backup if your data is truly gone.

As the next set of eBay mandates roll out, you will probably be revising again to remove contact info and to provide images hosted on a secure server.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017summer/listing-policy-updates.html

You may be able to perform those functions yourself using eBay's "Bulk Edit and Replace" (BEAR) tool, or perhaps the "Bulk Active Content Editor" will work for you.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Major Inkfrog problems

@shipscript wrote:

@oconeeoff-road

We had a similar post some months ago and the reason that seller's descriptions were removed by the service they employed is because the seller had typed or pasted new description text between the tags that held the widget the service was removing. In other words, the description had been pasted inside the widget.  So when the widget (active content) was removed, so was the description. Unfortunately, a program just can't tell the difference and problems like this can occasionally occur.

Situations like that can be quite tricky because there is no way for a bot to know that something like that has happened. When I help sellers remove active content, we usually look at only a handful of listings to determine what method can be used. If we don't pick a representative handful, then unexpected things could happen. That is why the "Bulk Active Content Editor" tool makes a backup copy of all descriptions it changes and advises the user to save that backup.

I even had a "Bulk Active Content Editor" user who revised listings and encountered a similar problem where the edit did not go well. In that situation, they were advised to restore the backup data and we tried a different approach.

In another case, the seller descriptions appeared to be blank; but in reality, they were just invisible (white on white) and were not that difficult to make visible again.

I'm sorry this has happened to you and I can't think of any way to recover without a backup if your data is truly gone.

As the next set of eBay mandates roll out, you will probably be revising again to remove contact info and to provide images hosted on a secure server.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017summer/listing-policy-updates.html

You may be able to perform those functions yourself using eBay's "Bulk Edit and Replace" (BEAR) tool, or perhaps the "Bulk Active Content Editor" will work for you.

Third party tools like inkFrog and Auctiva recommend using only their tools to make changes to eBay listings to keep the listings saved on the third party tool up to date. Changes made directly on the eBay site will not be saved in the third party tool for future use by the tool. The third party tools have a Bulk editor to make changes to saved and active listings and should be used to make changes.

Use of the "Bulk Active Content Editor" could be used to find the issues but the third party tool bulk editor should be used to change the active listings which would save the changes to the copies stored on the third party tool. One would be able to change any stored non-active listings on the third party tool to be compliant and ready for future use.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply