cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see sold items older than 90 days?

Is there a way to see my sold items older than 90 days. I've got a buyer saying he didn't order(June 1, 2020) a item(that was shipped), and now wants a PayPal refund. How can I prove to PayPal that he ordered my item?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tkmops wrote:

Is there a way to see my sold items older than 90 days. I've got a buyer saying he didn't order(June 1, 2020) a item(that was shipped), and now wants a PayPal refund. How can I prove to PayPal that he ordered my item?

Thanks!

Hello @tkmops ,

A few years back we worked on a few things that would free up the site and make our web pages run much faster. One of those things was that after 90 days, we would delete the listings from our pages to make more room for more data on the site. I have to say, it was a huge difference and made our web pages load faster and work better. 

Depending on what you are after, there are ways to run reports or get data on sold listings before that 90 days arrives and then you would have a record of that sold item. If you are interested in simple sold history for book keeping purposes, then you can go into your account settings under "Personal Information" and scroll to the bottom. There is an area there called "My eBay Data" and you can request sold history up to two years back.

Best of luck to ya!

Jacob@eBay

eBay Customer Support

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tkmops wrote:

Thanks!

Hello @tkmops ,

A few years back we worked on a few things that would free up the site and make our web pages run much faster. One of those things was that after 90 days, we would delete the listings from our pages to make more room for more data on the site. I have to say, it was a huge difference and made our web pages load faster and work better. 

Depending on what you are after, there are ways to run reports or get data on sold listings before that 90 days arrives and then you would have a record of that sold item. If you are interested in simple sold history for book keeping purposes, then you can go into your account settings under "Personal Information" and scroll to the bottom. There is an area there called "My eBay Data" and you can request sold history up to two years back.

Best of luck to ya!

Jacob@eBay

eBay Customer Support

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Hi Jacob, I clicked on your link "Personal Information" and scrolled to the bottom. But I cannot see an area there called "My eBay Data" where we can request sold history?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I didn't see it either. Thanks for the nice help.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I was able to get to it. Here is a screen shot:

svc242_1-1613528042710.png

svc242_0-1613527981691.png

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@gooddeals-midwest 

@rixter2007 

The format has changed since Jacob posted  last September. To get to the screens that svc showed, click on "Account" at the top of you My eBay page.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.04.51 PM.png

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Answering my own question, the data was available from Sales reports. Only 1 quarter at a time, but could set the dates and download CSV for each quarter for the previous year under My Ebay/Selling/Sales/Custom Dates/Generate Report/Download Listing Sales Report.

Now I'm assuming that this data does not include refunds, since I read elsewhere that the 1099 does not include refunds, and I'm assuming that this data is the same as the 1099 data.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

datarequestmissing.jpgThat option has now also been removed. The reason given above by the ebay agent is clearly a lie. There is some sick, sinister reason that they don't want us to have access to our seller history past the last 3 months and this screenshot is proof that they have removed the last option for getting it.  What is going on ebay? Why are you treating us like children that you can manipulate and lie to?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

The reason they dont want you to have the information past 90 days is because they sell that information to third party websites that track the value of items and sales. This whole "the website goes faster" is a straight lie. Ebay is so anti-seller that they make finding basic information about your own sales impossible to find.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@funs-n-luckies 

You may be looking in the wrong place.

1. Click your avatar at the top left of eBay's home page.
  2. Click "Account Settings" from that dropdown.
  3. The new eBay navigation page will open and that is where you will find the link to "request your eBay data".

Account - Private DataAccount - Private Data

It will take up to a week for eBay to process your request and make that data available for download.  The download must then be collected within 7 days.

Account - Private Data -Create RequestAccount - Private Data -Create Request            

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I navigated to it that way as well as through other ways. It's the exact same Account >>Personal Info>> and it's so interesting to me how after I posted that accusatory rant above the "Request Your Data" option suddenly reappeared, also no matter how you navigate to it.  Someone is playing games here and maybe you're one of them.  The post above hit the nail on the head. That is valuable data that they sell for a profit so they first made it very difficult for sellers to find and finally tried to take it away completely.  I guess they knew an FTC complaint was coming if they keep it up. I hate ebay.  Pure evil.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

This is so aggravating.  They charge more than any other site to sell here and treat the sellers worse than anywhere, knowing their monopoly powers have us over a barrel.  I used to make my living on ebay. Got so fed up I went elsewhere now barely use it.  Now I think I'm finally done.  With slime like Jacob running this place I can't in good conscience continue.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I need this to file my fiscal year tax payment report for California and I can only get reports that show CA taxes before eBay started their genius payment management....... I only have until 8/2/21 to file so I doubt I'll get this on time, but YOU ROCK for providing this!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

It also prevents sellers from defending themselves in disputes with buyers. I often have cell phone buyers who will open a claim with their financial institution at 89 days and 20 hours after they bought the item, so that I cannot prove the condition of the item.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for helping me navigate the eBay labyrinth to request the older data. I fear the fields included with the older data won't include the Custom Label (SKU) field, which of course is essential for most retailers, especially those who list on multiple selling platforms. There is no logical reason that sellers can't order up complete sales reports, for at least the current and prior calendar year, for tax purposes.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply