cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I uncheck the "Use Designer" check-box by default?

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help with this.

When I import a .csv into Turbo Lister 2 (version 9.924.101.0) and then open up an item to make sure all the info is there, the checkbox on the left side of the description builder window that says "Use Designer" is always checked by default.  I don't want to use the listing designer, is there a way to change it so it's unchecked by default?

In the list under the check box where you would click the design you want, the highlighted choice is "None", so does this mean that even if the box is checked my item will not use the designer and I won't get charged for it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

With the "None" default selected you shouldn't get charged - I never have.

If you still want it automatically unchecked, this is a tiny Autohotkey script that automatically unchecks the Listing Designer checkbox whenever a Turbo Lister Description Builder window opens:

;Deselect TurboLister Description Builder Listing Designer 3/14/18 berserkerplanet
#singleinstance ignore
Menu, Tray, Tip, TL Listing Designer Off
DetectHiddenText, Off 
Loop
{
;wait for a TL Description Builder window to open
 WinWait, Turbo Lister ahk_class #32770, Use Designer,
;Uncheck the Listing Designer checkbox 
Control, Uncheck, , Button17, Turbo Lister ahk_class #32770, Use Designer ;wait for Desc Builder window close, then loop and wait for another to open WinWaitClose, Turbo Lister ahk_class #32770, Use Designer, }

If you have Autohotkey running on your Windows system, the above script can be saved and run.

Alternatively, here is a small, standalone, compiled exe version of the script which does not require Autohotkey installation:

http://berserkerplanet.altervista.org/code/scripts/TL_ListDesignOff.ahk.exe

Usage: Run Turbolister, then run script or compiled script. Script lurks in tray waiting for a TL description builder window to open, when one opens it unchecks Listing Designer checkbox, then waits for that window to close. Once window closes, it loops and waits for another TL DB window to open. When done, right click on script icon and exit. (or let it run - it uses negligible resources and just sits waiting for a TL DB window.)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

AutoHotKey has obviously changed in the last few years. I used to use it for some hot key tasks, but found the system resources it used waiting and checking for an assigned hot key, to be excessive.

Are you using a free version, or have you subscribed to it? Your script is definately different from the form of the old hot key program.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm using v1.0.48.03 from May 2009 Totally free. From Autohotkey.com Upgraded to that (still incredibly old) version a while back I think because I really needed some feature more than my desire to stay static and lowest common denominator with old stable, simple version.

I've been using it for about 14 years - close to it's beginnings after AutoIt transition. I keep things simple, have no interest in super complex 200 line scripts (too hard to debug), and mostly use it for custom keyboard macros and extending functional key combinations of my 8 button mouse (I'm lost when I have to use a "normal" mouse 🙂

I don't think anything I did above is in any way bleeding edge, or complex at all, but would have to do a lot of digging to see if any of the calls are incompatible with say, a 2007 version of Autohotkey (don't think so though).

I profiled the above script (and my other 2 always running ones), and it uses essentially zero resources (other than approx 5mb of mem). You are right though - AHK can go nuts at times. I have a whole section of autoexecuting code commented out in my main routine (the one with my macros and fixups) commented out because I finally traced insane disk activity to a 30 second recurring catch all block that did things like removing the stupid recycle bin every time it gets recreated, fixing up the Win XP tooltips hide behind the task bar bug, etc. Decided not to waste time trying to figure out why AHK was checking 1000's of unrelated registry entries and disk files when that ran and just do without (oh, the hugemanatee of having to manually run a tooltip fix and delete recycle bin when it annoys me 🙂

Subscribed to it? Didn't know that was a thing and don't see it at the website.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply