cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE EXCHANGE ERROR ABANDONED JOB: INVALID LINE

Hello,

I'm trying to upload a file to do a verify add action, I keep getting the error: File Exchange Error Abandoned Job: Invalid Line. Please help.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Not for sure if this is your problem but I do see in the yellow section of your screen shot that your subscription to Excel has expired and that alone will stop you from doing things in Excel. Might try to reactivate it to see if that solves the problem

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@fourleafclovermusic

1) You may have created the csv file using the CSV (Macintosh) *.csv file format. This format will not work with FileExchange. The line endings are wrong. You must use a DOS format to have the correct line endings.

2) You may have a linefeed in one of the heading titles. This happens when you copy/paste a heading or text from a word processing program. Insert a line after the headings, re-type each column heading, then delete the original heading line and resubmit.

3) Same as 2 above, but the first item description may have a linefeed in it. Instead of re-typing the descriptions, create a column before the description (old description will now be column F), and place this in cell E2 - =substitute(F2,char(10),"") Copy that down the column. Now copy the entire sheet to a new sheet, using the Text paste option. now delete the old description/column F. Note this may have to be done for any other field you have copied from a word processing program.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Everything is clear, however I'm receiving the following:

37 "Error - Input data for tag Condition> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation."

Ref: 815124320

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@fourleafclovermusic

Sorry, I did not look at you file close enough.. Brand New is not a valid Category ID. Use 1000. That is the correct category id for New items in that category.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Ref# 815236010

*Action(SiteID=US|Country=US|Currency=USD|Version=3858|CC=UTF-8)

Category 33034

Based on the category and title, I'm not avalibale to access my listings onto eBay. Can you please state what is the correct combination so I can list my listings?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Version=745

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Ref# 815348410

37 "Error - Input data for tag <Item.Storefront.StoreCategoryID> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation."

Can you please assist me with what to do? I'm getting frustrated with trying to upload the inventory and it coming up with the same error code.

Is there an chance we can figure an way so I can have my listings up and running?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@fourleafclovermusic

First, you are frustrated. Relax. FileExchange has a learning curve as does other program. Once you get through the beginning errors, you will wonder why you had any problems at all.

You have subscribed to a store, but you have not defined any categories in that store. So FileExchange is just asking for the store category.

Create a category - http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/store-categories.html

Add a column to the spreadsheet - StoreCategory Note: You should define this column as Number format with no decimal zeros.

Follow these directions to find the store category number to include in the StoreCategory column in the spreadsheet.

Go to Manage My Store - http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&currentpage=MyeBayManageStore

Click on Categories on the left side, sign in, then scroll to the bottom of the displayed page and click on All categories. The far right column will display the 10 digit category number that is the valid entry for the StoreCategory column in your spreadsheet.

Remember that this is just one more step in this learning curve. I am monitoring your progress via this thread. Continue to post any issus you have and we will get you though it.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

REF #815521600

"Error - Input data for tag <Item.ShippingDetails> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.|Item.ShippingDetails|"

My shipping details are in place, however it's stating an error?

Can you please see what the issue is so I can please have my listings posted?

Thank you.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Your screenshot does not show your shipping options.

1) You must have a ShippingType (usually Flat or Calculated)

2) A ShippingService_1:Option from page 136-137 (left side of chart) of the AdvancedInstructions

3) Optionally a ShippingService_1:Cost field.

Reading the AdvancedInstructions will help you determine what to use for your situation. Some fields require that you use other fields. This is all documented in the AdvancedInstructions.

http://pages.ebay.com/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions.pdf

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@fourleafclovermusic

Please note: If you are trying to get Xmas listings posted, you may be a little late to have many sales. We are getting close to what the PO can deliver before xmas. If you wait too late, you may end up with defects/bad feedback if the buyers do not receive their products when they think they should.

My point is that with these errors, you may wish to wait until after xmas to learn how to use this process effectively.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

REF: 815552970

37 "Error - Input data for tag <Item.UseTaxTable> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation."

Think I have it pretty much wrapped up, please help me with this issue.. can't find it in the instruction guide.

Thanlk you.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@fourleafclovermusic

See page 107 of the AdvancedInstructions

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

REF# 815673720

"2191455|21919308|21919410|21919262|21917236" "Warning - Shipping discount profile provided is not active, please specify a valid shipping discount profile.||Error - Model's value of Custom Shop 1943 000-21 #84224 Reissue Sitka Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood is too long. Enter a value of no more than 65 characters.|Model's value of Custom Shop 1943 000-21 #84224 Reissue Sitka Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood has too many characters.|Model's value of Custom Shop 1943 000-21 #84224 Reissue Sitka Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood is too long. Enter a value of no more than 65 characters.|Model|Custom Shop 1943 000-21 #84224 Reissue Sitka Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood||Warning - US is an invalid value for Country/Region of Manufacture. Choose one of our recommended values and try again.|US is an invalid value for Country/Region of Manufacture.|US is an invalid value for Country/Region of Manufacture. Choose one of our recommended values and try again.|Country/Region of Manufacture|US||Error - Your PayPal email address was not found.||Warning - Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time. Learn more: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserPolicyMessaging|http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?User..." rev-10031

Shipping discount is active, don't understnad why this is showing up - I have the source code on the Excel Spreadsheet.

I fixed all the descriptions so there minimal and to the point.

Region for manfacture is the same refrence to the instruction manual - US for USA, KR for South Korea for example.

Can you please assist and see what the problem is.

Thank you.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply