cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ebay hacked?

Hello,

I've got a message from Ebay support that Ebay has incorrect coding.

The problem was that I've got a case appeal results  - full refund $ 24.

But I've got only $ 7 refund to my PayPal account.

The support team member said it was system error because incorrect web-site coding.

Does my private info in danger?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Does Ebay hacked?

Ebay officially confirmed that system is not hacked.

It has a glitch in a return system.

I hope, this problem with partial refund glitch will be solved soon, because this is really confusing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Does Ebay hacked?

@artsteampunk wrote:

Hello,

I've got a message from Ebay support that Ebay has incorrect coding.

The problem was that I've got a case appeal results  - full refund $ 24.

But I've got only $ 7 refund to my PayPal account.

The support team member said it was system error because incorrect web-site coding.

Does my private info in danger?

@artsteampunk

eBay was not hacked.

What the eBay customer service was probably saying is that the site may not have a separate message for a "partial courtesy refund" or the programmers linked the "partial courtesy refund" to the wrong message.

So the only message the site could display was the full refund message. It does not mean that eBay was hacked. It only means there might have been a limited number of messages to display.

The customer support message states that your account has the correct refund, whereas the displayed message was erroneous. Its an internal programming limitation (eBay has these small programming glitches all the time), and not something from a hacker.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

@shipscript,

Thank you for the reply.
When "small programming glitches" come to money issue, especially in appeal final result, it may be an indicator on hacking... Very wired that soft engineers don't pay attention on this "small glitch".
I see info that $24 refunded to my account, but I get only $7. And I need to contact support, to explain them... they need to look at these,... and to explain me and other people...
Isn't is more easy to fix this site error?
That is why I thought, that maybe it was hacked...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

@artsteampunk

Yes, the programmers should fix issues where the wrong amount is displayed. However, I suspect your customer service contact has already reported it.

If not, I'll mention it here to make sure the issue is taken back to the programmers. 

brian@ebay

The issue, as I see it, is that Customer Service issued a partial courtesy refund, but it appeared on your case as a full refund. So the programming problem would be in the interface from the Customer Service console.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

@shipscript, brian@ebay

Thank you!

Also I receive a message to my e-mail that appeal was granted to my favor.

I aked a full ferund in the appeal, and not for 7 dollars.

I was confused. Why only $7, if appeal is granted to my favor? It's incorrect.

It should be a message on my dashboard and in e-mail that final appeal was in buyer's favor.

That would be correct.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

For whatever reason they issued you a courtesy partial refund. It also states you lost the appeal so no refund at all was actually owed to you.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

@shipscript wrote:

@artsteampunk

Yes, the programmers should fix issues where the wrong amount is displayed. However, I suspect your customer service contact has already reported it.

If not, I'll mention it here to make sure the issue is taken back to the programmers. 

brian@ebay

The issue, as I see it, is that Customer Service issued a partial courtesy refund, but it appeared on your case as a full refund. So the programming problem would be in the interface from the Customer Service console.

Hi @shipscript and @artsteampunk, thanks for bringing this to my attention. While customer service reports issues like this to our developers, I'll double check it to ensure our developers are aware of the matter. If you have any other questions about your refund, reach out to customer service and they'll clarify further. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

No, if you look at a screenshot, you can see that the appeal is granted to my favor.
And that i should receive $24 to my PayPal.
But I've received only $7.
That is why hackers may stole $17.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

brian@ebay, Thank you!

I doubt that support reported this issue to a developer.
Thank you that you care, maybe your support will help to fix it.
It is not just small error, it is a katastrophe!

Could you also, report another bug: When Ebay forsed me to refund money to a buyer, system automatically sent to the buyer my registered address (not return or shipping from address).

As a result I didn't receive my product back.

These are complitely different addresses. And when I asked Ebay, how it could happen, support said that system sent to the buyer my default registered address automatically.
It's wrong. System should send a return address, or primary shipping address, and shipping from address. Not regestered default address.

I'm still not sure if all these were just site errors. I lost money and didn't get back my product because of these web-site issues.

Maybe system is hacked! Developers should check. If so, there is necessary to make an announcement, so people know.

Thank you for your suggestion to fix it.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

brian@ebay,

Hello,

Any news?

Do you know if programmers fix the errors?

I still have a notice that I was refunded $24.

Nothing changed.

But in fact I was refunded only with $7.

When developers will find the answer?

Is it very hard to fix?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

@artsteampunk wrote:

brian@ebay,

Hello,

Any news?

Do you know if programmers fix the errors?

I still have a notice that I was refunded $24.

Nothing changed.

But in fact I was refunded only with $7.

When developers will find the answer?

Is it very hard to fix?

Hi @artsteampunk, while this has been reported to the proper team for review, there is no estimated fix date at this time. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Does Ebay hacked?

Ebay officially confirmed that system is not hacked.

It has a glitch in a return system.

I hope, this problem with partial refund glitch will be solved soon, because this is really confusing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply