cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to the listing tool.

I went to list an item last night and the listing tool has changed completely and is unusable for me. It looks like something designed for use on a phone and not a PC and the options for setting restrictions on shipping, selecting options for no t accepting returns, and most other advanced options seem to be gone now. Is there any way to switch back to the old listing tool? I couldn't find any opt out option like they have had in the past, but then again in 18 years of using eBay I've never seen a change to the listing process be this extreme. As it is I can't make a listing because I can't select certain things. Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Does your new listing tool have a link on the top right to the Advanced listing tool? Those options are available there.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Does your new listing tool have a link on the top right to the Advanced listing tool? Those options are available there.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I switched the Advanced version after it kept prompting me not too, saying it was only for bulk listing sellers. Now I can access all the options I need, but my templates were all wiped out. I assume do to the new changes to the tool. I'm not fond of the changes they have made, but at least its usable again for me now. Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@knightstryke wrote:
Thank you. I switched the Advanced version after it kept prompting me not too, saying it was only for bulk listing sellers. Now I can access all the options I need, but my templates were all wiped out. I assume do to the new changes to the tool. I'm not fond of the changes they have made, but at least its usable again for me now. Thanks.

@knightstryke

If you had saved templates in the old Sell Your Item listing tool, you can still access them with this link.

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

Check off a template and then click on Sell with this template, it will start a listing in the old Sell Your Item forum, then go into change category at the top of the old form and then save the same category and it will bring up the template in the New Advanced Listing tool. In the New Advanced Listing tool, then use the schedule option to start the listing in 2 weeks and submit. Then edit the Scheduled listing and you should have an option to save as a template in the new Advanced Listing Tool. Then cancel the scheduled listing so it does not run in a couple of weeks.

I know it sounds complicated above so experiment a bit with the link and the old templates.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, Pocomo!!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

SAME PROBLEM HERE HATE IT. GIVE US BACK OLD SYSTEM

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I was wondering what listing tool you are using currently as I have used TL and TL 2 for years. It was slow yes but I was able to work on my future listings then schedule them or just wait till I was done to list them all the same day. I am now using Windows 10 and Windows 7 on different computers so I would like to find a listing tool that works with both and one that is fairly cheap or free...by the time you take out fees for PayPal and Ebay there isn't a lot left of the margin. It's also hard to compete with free shipping any ideas on how to reduce those fees to the buyer would be greatly appreciated (different foram right?).

Message 7 of 7
latest reply