Did you mean: 

What's It Like To Be An Ebay Buyer?

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's j ust horrible.  All those thieving, scamming sellers always trying to do me out of my hard earned monies.  Don't they know I'm a senior on a fixed income?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

We kind of like buying on ebay. The seller's weve bought from are always very nice. We look at the feedback first some look like they are not so good. We sell a few things too and use the proceeds to buy stuff. Kind of what we do here. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Woman LOL  I love being an EBay Buyer!  I can find just what I want, and negotiate with the seller if the price + postage is not acceptable.  I never buy from someone with less that 100 feedback, with anything less than 95% excellent feedback, or someone who does not allow returns.  I have only had one negative experience (item not as described), and the seller allowed me to return the item & refunded my money less the cost of return shipping.  I love EBay!   

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ebay has got to be very hard to run. What a computer system that must be wow.

There are some good buys around here too

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

about half the stuff i buy is bad and the returns are very costly.. 1 return freight on small items cost 3.37  2 drive to the post office 5.00.1/2 hour to 1 hour of my time thats worth 15.00 to 30.00 so its very costly to the buyer and most sellers  can care less .e-bay should make the seller pay the return freight its their fault .all i did was buy the  item so why should i pay for the return .i am also a seller and if i make a mistake i will pay for the return no problem.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

as a seller its bad news on e-bay .the buyer can return a brick and the seller is stuck with a e-bay ruling that  goes to the buyer most of the time .i have heard of sellers getting ripped big time ..its a big time problem on e-bay and e-bay needs to fix it .they need to look at the seller's rating's and how long they have been on e-bay with no problems and other personal info .i would like e-bay to answere this as i have some high dollar lots that i am just not putting up because of e-bay rulng's so they are losing money from me and so is pay pal..

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Welcome to Todays Chat fforce

Congratulations on your lastest 3000 feedback. That's exciting.

We have always knocked ourselves out trying to help customers with a problem. Seems like some times they are taking advantage of us. For the most part it has been fine. 

We add on .20 cents or so to every shipping cost. This becomes our "self insured" money. So when someone takes advantage of us we feel we've collected the amount they took us for in previous .20 extra charges along the way.

Nobody ever complains about the extra .20 cents. 

Good luck with your business 

DWB

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

well i buy more than I should but once in awhile have "hit that homerun" with an excellent price.  Ebay is a buyers market., I have no complaints

Message 9 of 9
latest reply