cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Returns?

One of my friends buys here on Ebay quite often. She asked me about sellers who have the words "no returns" in their policy. 

We offer a 14 day return. People are happy with what they receive and have never asked to return anything. 

It makes me wonder why a seller would have "no returns"? 

And what happens if you get something from the seller who 

states "no returns" and the item is not as described? 

This could be an interesting topic.

What do you think about 

sellers with "no returns" in their policy?

What experiences have you had as a buyer or as a seller with returns?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No Returns?

all items are returnable per e-bay even if they state no returns .you must get what the adv. says. i have returned items with sellers have no returns but first i e-mail the seller and if he says no .i open a case .as not as described..also i think the return  freight should be paid by the seller as he made the mistake if they don't i just leave the feedback that the lot should get..half the stuff i get in is bad so its a real problem .the real cost to return a small package is 3.37 plus 5.00 to drive to the post office plus a 1/2 hour to 1 hour of my time .thats worth 15.00 to 30.00 .i always pay the return postage if i make a mistake that is the lease i can do.i always take care of the buyer no matter what.i once sold a album and the buyer did not like the words mint nh at the top of each page .so it cost me what i sold it for but the buyer was happy at the end as no other seller on e-bay would have done it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No Returns?

No returns today on eBay is a joke.

The eBay buyers protection (eBay money back guarantee) is agreed to be used by all with the ebay user agreement.

If item is not as described, it comes under ebays guarantee:

Granted a purchaser will have to pay to return item, (why you should not purchase from China): you are covered with in reason.

It is also why you should always pay attention to what an item would cost to return. ( Note this may not be what it cost to ship to you (again as in items From China).

The problem with no returns is sellers that do this, think it also means no refunds..

Users do this thinking it protects them selves from any return or refund.

It does NOT.

-------------------------------------------------------

{The china example is used due to the sellers from there get a subsidized shipping with tracking. It is extremely cheap for them:

to return such item cost so much, it make any potential refund of original cost plus original shipping  worthless.}

Another situation with shipping is large items, The original shipper lies to the shipper, and gets cheap price,

for you to return it, or it it even can be returned by the original shipper becomes the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not contact eBay, it is a user to user system. i r a user.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No Returns?

We became very careful where we buy on line. There are some fabulous sellers here on Ebay. We like to buy our shipping supplies and other office supplies here. 

Never needed to return anything. Always get what we ordered. 

As for sellers who say "no returns" ......... if a seller has that on their item I will never buy from them. 

This "Todays Chat" could become a good discussion group. Maybe we should let people in other groups know about this group.

Here is the website address:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Todays-Chat/gp-p/TodaysChat

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No Returns?

Re: roylog

No returns today on eBay is a joke.

The eBay buyers protection (eBay money back guarantee) is agreed to be used by all with the ebay user agreement.

If item is not as described, it comes under ebays guarantee:

Granted a purchaser will have to pay to return item, (why you should not purchase from China): you are covered with in reason.

It is also why you should always pay attention to what an item would cost to return. ( Note this may not be what it cost to ship to you (again as in items From China).

The problem with no returns is sellers that do this, think it also means no refunds..

Users do this thinking it protects them selves from any return or refund.

It does NOT.

-------------------------------------------------------

{The china example is used due to the sellers from there get a subsidized shipping with tracking. It is extremely cheap for them:

to return such item cost so much, it make any potential refund of original cost plus original shipping  worthless.}

Another situation with shipping is large items, The original shipper lies to the shipper, and gets cheap price,

for you to return it, or it it even can be returned by the original shipper becomes the problem.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Your response and all other responses just showed up this morning. There must have been a glitch in the system. 

There is a lot of interesting information in a new group that has just formed. You can see this at:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Full-Time-Sellers-Discussion/gp-p/FullTimeSellersDiscussionGroup

Seems important that sellers keep on top of all these changes. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No Returns?

There is no such thing as no returns and people who put that in their listing do not understand that.  If there is a problem PayPal will refund the purchase price and some crooks even get to keep the item.

I always put returns are OK and have had 2 in my time here.   They were minor and easy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply