cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Can Bet the NFL Players Will Now Be Standing for the National Anthem

First, like so many others, when I watch sports I want to enjoy a game not see someone's personal peeves regardless of what or whom they are against.

But I regress.  I see the talking heads on tv are all talking about the NFL tax cuts being the money they get from taxpayers for stadiums etc.  Yep, that is true.  But the real thing that they, sports leagues, don't want brought up is that they are taxed differently from companies and corporations because they are sport organizations.  They get a very, very nice low tax rate, deductions and depreciation, which you can bet they do not want to lose.  Most people are not even aware of the sweet tax deal these organizations have gotten.

Right now, I can't recall the rate, but it was a sweetheart income tax rate, along with special deductins carved out just for them that they got a long time ago and has enabled these owners to be uber wealthy and to pay those gigantic salaries to players that don't have the common sense to realize what they are on the verge of ruining.

My guess is that Pres. Trump reminded them about their special income tax rate and deductins and probably mentioned that he is going to redo the income tax rates, etc. and is currently working on that.

My guess is that got spread around real fast.  I doubt you are going to see any one down on a knee, or with a fist in the air much any more regardless of whatever sport they are involved in.  These teams are golden gooses for their owners and they want to keep them golden eggs as big as ever. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hope I got that across right.  My Dad, the original twk that posted here, was oh so much better at this than I am.  And he was very smart.  Okay, I'm prejudice because he was my Dad.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The original twk was beyond awesome, and you're more than welcome to the ghost town that is Town Square.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Like you, I don't know the specifics, but I know they have some good deals as far as taxes.

On the flip side, nobody is saying that America is perfect. We have issues and racism and police brutality. These things are rare, though, and are getting more rare, and are no longer officially sanctioned.

Now, if some grave injustice was happening on a large scale AND sanctioned by the Feds, for example if slavery was will legal, I'd say take a knee and I'm right there with you.

That's not the case, though. And we have avenues to address our injustices so that we don't need to disrespect the country as a whole or the flag.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply