cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just When I Thought I Had Heard it All....

I just have to relate this rather bizzare transaction my DD just had with a seller here on eBay. 

DD  bid and won an auction on which she was the only bid and the auction had free shipping.   Then the "fun" started with the loony narcistic seller.  DD paid and then received an email from  this loon telling her that she needed to send another $25.00 as the item was priced too low and DD shouldn't mind as it was a deal even with the additional funds the seller wanted. 

This is where it gets interesting, and a little bizzare with the seller's thinking.  First, yes, we both know the item is the seller's but once the seller's bid and terms in the auction are met and paid for it should be a done deal.  Okay, the seller tells DD that she "is doing herself THE favor" of not sending this item until she gets the additional amount she requests!  DD says she emailed her that it was paid for and to ship it out, but the looney seller then opens a case for cancellation of tranaction....now stating that DD has been abusive to her!  DD was not.

DD refused to cancell the tranaction because it states in the eBay things that she should not do so unless she has not paid for the item OR the seller has refunded her $$.  The seller still has the bucks and tells DD that she will only refund AFTER DD agrees to the cancellation of the tranaction!

What is very bizzare to me is what this seller says to DD.  Things like she is doing herself the favor of not completing the transaction until she gets more $$, and how DD should not feel bad to increase the amount as if she doesn't she will put the item back in her case to enjoy it along with the other RARE and VALUABLE items she has!  Bizzare to say the lease and truly signs of a narcistic IMHO.

So, DD refuses to cancel the transaction and the case, though closed, states as much.....that the buyer bought and paid for the item and wants it and seller has not refunded money.

Three days later, the loon is now telling DD that she has reported her for abuse to eBay.  This because my DD sent the loon an email stating that she was not going to terminate the transaction because the seller still had her money and still does.

NOW, DD and I both know that DD can, and probably will have to, open an item not received case in order to get DD's money back, but the whole situation is bizzare!

At one point she told DD that she should have no problem sending the extra bucks as it was only the cost of a few breakfast sandwiches and lattes at Starbucks!

Where do sellers like this come from and where do they get off demanding more $$ after the end of the auction?.

We have all dealt with weirdo's, but let me tell you, reading the emails from this nut case are pretty scarey that there are sellers like that out there.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Oh, before you all start looking for the item, she bought it under her hubby's ID,,,,mother's day gift.

So, we all know she will get the money back, but it is going to take time an is a pain.

Again, DD did not agree to cancel the transaction because the seller still had her money and eBay tells the buyer, in the cancellation request, NOT TO AGREE to the tranaction cancellation unless the buyer has not paid or the seller has REFUNDED the payment.

Seller did not do this.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Done correctly. Never believe (as seller who wants a TC 'accept' before giving a refund) that a buyer should agree to a TC until the refund has been given.....That seller is offtrack with how things work. Sellers can not ask for more money. Sellers must have their ship fee ducks in a row, during their own listing phase..

File an INR case a day after ebays' dates of delivery, come and go, with no item.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

on Ebay nothing is bizzare anymore...not even the Mature Audience area.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The seller's numbers show she is a seasoned eBayer.  DD's hubby does not have a lot of transactions so it makes me wonder if she thought she could get away with something.

What gets me is how she tries to demean DD by telling her it is only the cost of a few Starbucks, and she will put it back with her other wonderful, rare and expensive items.  Give me a break!

It is antique, and seller, in her more money requests, was tell DD that she was getting a bargain because the item was a Civil War era piece and really puffing it up.  Now, DD and I both know it is not Civil War era, and of course the seller never mentioned Civil War in her listing because she too knows it is not and that would be misrepresenting.

Nothing more than an opportunistic SCAMMER.  Unfortunately, there is nothing DD can do except wait it out.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

FWIW, this loon already has relisted the item, or one similar, with the same terms as before!.  Very interesting.  DD made it clear she is not going to cough up any more $$.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"Where do sellers like this come from ..."

Town Square, probably.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wow- that's incredible- there sure are some "strange" people out there!  eBay has changed SO many thingsince I 1st started & I don;t think any of them have been good,  The WORSE one was noot allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers- that's why you still have so many weirdo's on here- theyd have been kickeed off long ago if we could be honest.

The forum set up has changed a lot too- I was just trying to find out under what situations are you allowed to cancel an order- can't find it tho.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The WORSE one was noot allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers-

This one has always bothered me, too. There are deadbeat buyers just as much as there are deadbeat sellers.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply