cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To block or not to block

Hi there, I actually tried posting this question to a forum last night but don't see that it was actually posted:/ eBay and I seem to have tech issues sometimes. Anyhow, I would like feedback on a dilemma please. I have a buyer who has bought many things from me and realize (if for no other reason than that they have pointed out) I should be grateful. The issue I have is that the buyer's messages are often aggressive and antagonistic, basically I seem to anger them without even understanding how. Now, the question, I can block her as a bidder and I assume that may cut down on our interactions but my understanding is she can still message me about my listings, so would this help or hinder? Also, I feel I should throw it out there that though she has bought 20+ items from me over a few months, she has never left feedback which means she still can. Is there a way to deal with spiteful feedback? Thank you for any suggestions you can offer! Tired of abuse in Texas, aka Shanda
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

To block or not to block

alimcgee7
Adventurer
I don't know the details of said interactions, but if they are threatening, or if they are filled with profanity besides blocking the buyer you can also report them to eBay. Typically if eBay determines that they violate policies by threatening a seller any negative feedback comments will be removed. A buyer cannot threaten to leave bad feedback as a demand for you to provide discounts or refunds. Feedback extortion is forbidden and can get a buyer removed from eBay. Whenever I have a bad buyer I report them, not necessarily at every disagreement, but when a buyer gets aggressive or threatening or uses profanity. If it is really bad I call eBay and report verbally, this way I know the steps that will be taken, then do not answer any more questions from them. Once they are reported and blocked they cannot leave bad feedback and if they do you can get it removed if it's lies or in any way threatening.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

alimcgee7
Adventurer
Also, I would like to add, it is strange to me that a buyer who has such a problem with a seller would continue to buy from them. If you or your items were so bad that you anger them, why come back and buy again?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

Thank you, these are options I didn't know we're available. Thank you! Thank you!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

I think my buyer is a bit "off kilter" or enjoying the interaction. Thank you for responding!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

If you are upset enough by her aggressive manner that the money is not enough, go ahead and Block her.

You might decide to wait until 60 days after her last purchase. That's the deadline for feedback.

But for messages and emails after Blocking, you can ignore them.

You don't have to open them. They can be Deleted immediately.

You can even ask your email provider to Block messages from this person.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

You are correct about not responding of course but I was worried that not responding would garuntee bad feedback. I appreciate the good ideas. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

I put buyers on the blocked the list all the time for whatever reason I want. If I get any troubling email from anyone I don't want them bidding on anything of mine. I've even put "low offer" bidders on the block list  for being too **bleep** cheap and don't want anything to do with them. It's my right and I use it....

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

alimcgee7
Adventurer
True!! Buyers can be blocked for any reason. I blocked someone for demanding I lower my shipping price because I caoikd just ship it flat rate. The thing is, it wasn't listed as flat rate because people closer would then have to pay more than the by weight cost, had they asked politely for me to allow them to pay for flat rate I would have kindly made the update. We don't have to take abuse, lowball offers, or any other **bleep** from other members. Unless the money is worth more than the headache, block them! I find that the people who give you a hard time before the sale, or who give you a hard time but continue to buy from you, are only guaranteed problems and I don't want them as customers.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

To block or not to block

alimcgee7
Adventurer
It bleeped out a word that wasn't that bad... haha. Makes it look worse
Message 10 of 10
latest reply