cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes & Business structure for ebay store

So, I am wondering & assuming that other people have decided to get a dba & FEIN for the store & business name.  Now, I am at the point where I am trying to figure out if I need to register my ebay store with my states Tax Commissioner or is it okay to just have the business name registered to myself & I have a FEIN. I guess I am wondering mostly about small business / home business best & most advantegous practices & different info about the tax filing methods & whether to pay myself wages from my store & file a personal return & a business return or what the heck?? The info got way too big & I started drowning in it.

Thanks in advance for any responses to this inquiry.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Taxes & Business structure for ebay store

Rules and regulation withl vary from state to state, province to province, country to country. 

I would suggest getting in touch with the offices of your local municipal councillor and your state reprsentative with these questions. You don't need the elected official herself, her office staff answers your questions every day and may even have useful pamphlets  and forms on hand. 

It is important, not matter how small your business is at the moment, to keep careful records both of your sales and of your purchases.  You may not need them this year, but if you are successful, you will find them handy in the future. 

And remember, if you are if you are taking in enough that  paying taxes is required, your business is successful! 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply