cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller

I am a new seller and I am trying to sell my clothing brand products. I have had views but no sales; what can I do to get sales.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

New Seller

@vallivalak747   Clothing is a very competitive category.  I am not familiar with this brand name.  Is it a popular one?  Is vintage part of the style name?  If not then vintage doesn't mean anything unless you say vintage 1980's etc.    Is a buyer going to use the word vintage to find your sweatshirt?  Also I would add consider adding the word sweatshirt to the title as that is what many buyers call fleece pullovers.  

Aesthetic Vintage Renaissance Cupid Unisex Fleece Sweatshirt Pullover Hoodie

I ran your listing through the active content checker since there is a LOT going on in your description area.   

Active content can cause your listing to be downgraded in search or even removed from the site.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentSandbox.htm

The tool didn't find any active content  BUT it did find linked style sheets that the tool can not repair.   

I need to "phone a friend"  to find out what a linked style sheet is and what if anything needs to be done.  

@shipscript  Can you please help in regards to the linked style sheets?  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

This is a new brand that I made.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

@vallivalak747  Is vintage part of the brand name?     Vintage means something is older, not a new product so having vintage in the title is misleading.  

You might consider social media marketing.  That doesn't mean paid ads.    

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Traffic-Month-Connect-with-more-buyers-using-social-medi...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

I have about 200 views, but no one has bought any. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

There are indeed some brands that have vintage in the title.  Weatherproof Vintage is one I can think of off the top of my head.  I looked at the listing and it would probably help to have better pictures especially if they are of a person wearing the clothes

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

The word "vintage" may be working against you.

If a customer is looking for New Old Stock or "used circa 1980" which might be what she really wants, having a misleading word in the title will just annoy her.
It doesn't matter if the customer doesn't buy the first thing she views if she sticks around and looks at your other items.

I've found this since I signed up for Promoted Listings (YMMV). I've paid out less than $15 since November for PL fees, because they are not necessarily selling, BUT I have been getting more Views on everything and more sales overall than winter of 2018-19.
I don't count the astonishingly good sales since the pandemic shutdown, because I don't think those are related to anything eBay has done, just more collectors shopping at home.

It's not enough to pull the customer in the door. You want her to hang around until she finds something she likes.

And not get miffed and leave immediately.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

If you are selling clothing, it really really helps to tell the customer the size in the title and the measurements in the Description.

Does the (only ) item you have listed fit a woman? a toddler? Andre the Giant? How long is it? What is the chest measurement? How long are the arms?

Are all five you have in stock the same size?

Your account has been open for 15 days. Getting 200 Views is excellent.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

Do you think people may also not be buying because they may see us as untrustworthy because I'm a new seller?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

For a new clothing brand is it a good idea to sell on eBay?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

@vallivalak747 wrote:

For a new clothing brand is it a good idea to sell on eBay?

It can't hurt to try.  You get 50 free listings a month.  

I do agree that you need to add measurements.  Unisex doesn't mean one size fits all.  It might be one size fits most... but your buyers are going to want measurements.  

I suggest you look at some youtube videos on how to measure your clothing. 

Also, sweatshirts may not be very in-demand right now since its summer

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

It's less that you are seen as untrustworthy, than that you may be seen as naive.

This can mean making mistakes that annoy the buyer, like not charging enough for shipping and then asking the buyer to pay more. (Which is not allowed.)

Or using the most expensive shipping service instead of the best shipping service.

Or not putting measurements in.

Or copying other seller's Terms of Sale, without knowing why that seller set those terms.

Or thinking feedback is important.

And because you are seen as naive, you are also a target for scams.

The posters here will not always be gentle, but most want you to succeed.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

I've added measurements and a template as well, is there anything else I can do to get sales?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

New Seller

@vallivalak747  I think you have done everything you can to improve the listing.  It looks nice.  The plain text description will show up better on a cellphone too.   🙂  

Good luck!  It is a nice design, I hope that someone appreciates your work and buys them.       

Message 14 of 14
latest reply