cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get a higher percentage of buyer's to leave feedback?

Hey, I am a new seller, and have really enjoyed Ebay since I started this summer. I have been a little disappointed with my feedback, though. I haven't gotten any bad feedback, but only about 20% of my buyer's actually leave feedback. I know most people screen out eBay emails, so it probably doesn't do any good to message buyers after the delivery. Anyone have any ideas on getting more feedback?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is nothing you can do. If you provide great customer service and ship on time, your feedback will come. At 20% your FB is only slightly lower than the 25%-33% averages other sellers quote. Not many buyers leave FB. But definitely do not bother your buyers about it, as they may leave you poor FB for your efforts. And keep in mind that the way eBay counts FB, NO FB is GOOD FB.

@fulle.colli 

I agree with the prior post.

Asking for positive feedback is asking for trouble.

The safest approach would be to simply send the buyer a very nice and sincere Thank You message for choosing you to purchase the widget from & advise them that you have left them positive feedback for the wonderful transaction.

Such a note would not invite anything negative and might endear your buyer to you, motivating them to go to the trouble of leaving you some good feedback.

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It seems sellers have to walk on eggshells, lest a buyer messes us up....woo woo. If it isn't about feedback it's something else to worry about.
Can you elaborate on eBay counting no FB is good FB?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I too went through a period of no feedback and I was busting to send fast, pack crazy perfect, etc. If you are doing everything as good as you would expect if you were a buyer it is this that will reap you "good fortune" in the end. You can't control buyers who blow off your efforts so might as well tend to the things you can control. Someone told me this when I posted a similar question when I first started selling and it helped me to clear my head of this stuff.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lightstars wrote:

Can you elaborate on eBay counting no FB is good FB?

It's not really eBay who counts no feedback as being good feedback.

There are 4 types of feedback. Two of these will cause eBay to issue you a "demerit", These are "Negative Feedback" & "Neutral Feedback". "Positive Feedback" and "No Feedback" (the 4th type of feedback) will not count against you.

Therefore many sellers (myself included) consider "No Feedback" a good thing!

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

When you package each item sold, be sure to include a note thanking them for the purchase. Add a request that they be sure to give you a positive reveiw in eBay and give your store's url so they can find you again easily.

Also, any time someone emails for a lower price on an item or any time you are helping a customer out, ask them to be sure to give you a positive reveiw in eBay based on your customer service.

Little Hawk Trading - Buy For LESS Clothing & Shoes
http://stores.ebay.com/Little-Hawk-Trading
NEW - China & Dinnerware Replacement Dishes
Message 7 of 7
latest reply