cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE SHIPPING INSERTED INTO OFFERS

Ebay needs to highlight in RED BOLD PRINT any terms or condiitons that a buyer puts into an offer such as free shipping so that it sticks out before you accept an offer. I for one did not see the free shipping insert and got burnt on it. I either negotiate the price or the shipping but not both. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Agreed! It's happened to me several times!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@etheldaylily wrote:

Ebay needs to highlight in RED BOLD PRINT any terms or condiitons that a buyer puts into an offer such as free shipping so that it sticks out before you accept an offer. I for one did not see the free shipping insert and got burnt on it. I either negotiate the price or the shipping but not both. 

Yeah, One their tried to charge me .50 cents a card, cards on average weigh nearly nothing! Another gimmick on here is scumbags having many auctions going on , and charging you 2.99 per card , they send them in one shipment and make himundreds. They should be forced to pay back combined shipping or get the boot!! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

alimcgee7
Adventurer
Etheldaylily is referring to buyers offering low prices to include shipping, say the item is originally $15 plus shipping. The buyer offers $10... seller says, yes I can do that, and accepts the offer. Only to afterwards realize that the buyer was offering $10 with free shipping and now having to pay for the shipping out of that $10. Which could completely screw a seller if that item is larger. It could make the difference of a profit and a straight up loss. Doesn't do the seller any good if it costs them $10 to ship it. Or more.
As far as a seller charging .50 per card and shipping them together, that's their right. It may seem unfair and I get where you are coming from, but if you don't like it don't buy it. That's why it is important to ask the seller what the combined charges will be before bidding or buying. Then you know going in. And if you don't think to ask until after and you don't like the terms, ask them to cancel. They might not want to, but it's in their best interest to cancel if they offer returns because you could just send it back after getting it, then everyone wasted their time.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When you make a Best Offer it has the shipping price there.                     In the past it said  Shipping not included in Best Offer.                               It doesn't say that now it seems.

I quess you need to check for any notes the buyer adds.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I found it, 

I made an offer, it has not been replied to yet.
When I go to offer details it tells me 
Info
Shipping is not included in the offer price.
I think this should be on the first sceen you see when making an offer.
I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up! And I agree.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply