cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ripped off in a trade...

I have been an active member of the eBay community for several months (so not super long) but I have a 100% feedback rating -- mostly buying but some selling. I've also made several trades and have had no problems...until recently. Another user with 100% feedback rating it appears is completely ripping me off. The deal was we were supposed to mail our cards at the same time. After I mailed my cards (which value wise means he's committing grand theft in my state) he stopped returning my messages. All I have are his user name on here, his name, city and state, and a po box that I mailed my cards to. What would you do if you were in my shoes to try to keep from getting ripped off?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Getting ripped off in a trade...

You could try to turn it into ebay, but I doubt they would do much since this isn't a site for trading items.  I personally have never traded with someone that I didn't know for a while.  Unless the y sent first.  Even at that I would have required delivery confirmation and insurance since you said it was valuable cards.  I used to be an admin on a few trading card groups on Facebook and you heard stories all the time of people getting ripped off through trading with people you didn't know that well.  We kept a positive feedback tracker and a scammers list to try to weed out the bad guys.  Best of luck.

Bill

Message 2 of 2
latest reply