cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Iraq King Faisal II

I just can't seem to find this in any catalog...perhaps it is a Revenue?  Perfed 12

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi airbornstamps!

A search of your stamp on ebay shows your stamp is included in ebay item# 292597054516 but it does not have the red overprint.

The description on the item on ebay is  "IRAQ/IRAK  1948-1954 KING FAISAL II REVENUE  USED     4181",

I hope this information helps you identify your item! Best Regards!

Randy (r342)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi again airbornestamps

Ebay item # 123069192236  shows your item with your red overprint with the description  "IRAQ PALESTINE AID STAMPS 1948 REVENUE AND MAIL OVERPRINTED -VARIETIES 3 STAMPS"

Ebay item  # 401527328190 shows your stamp with a black overprint(instead of your red overprint) with the description "IRAQ PALESTINE STAMPS 1948 REVENUE MALI ARABIC OVPT POWEL # 192, 194, 198."

I hope this information further helps you identify your stamp!

Best regards,

Randy (r342)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

airbornestamps…

That’s a beautiful scan you posted—every tiny line of the engraving is sharp and clear.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi again airbornestamps!

Your Revenue Stamp appears to be listed in the Revenue Stamps of Iraq catalogue by Joe Ross(2002) 3rd edition.

According to the website:  www.stampsforfun.com/site/cat_iraq.htm  "This newly revised work by Joe Ross and John Powell will stand for many years as a definitive work of this much heard of little country."

You can visit the aforementioned website for further information.

I hope this posting continues to shed some light on you question(s).

Randy(r342)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks so much for the info...I will classify it as a Revenue.  As a side note, it was a sad story to research about King Faisal..... 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Excellent scan, and its also includes the reverse side, so simple!

DAVID THOMPSON

MSGT/USAF/RETIRED

Message 7 of 7
latest reply