cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Scott number/value for Ryukyu stamp

Anyone know Scott or any other catalogue number/ value for this Ryukyu stamp?

And suggestion of where to list it? USA.... Japan?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Scott #12 from the 1950 set. Note that the set includes airmail and special delivery.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, Billsy. Can't believe how quick amswers are on here sometimes. Now where should I list it? USA or Japan?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Seems sometings never change.  Must 15 years you have come to this board asking easy questions for anyone who is not to lazy to look in a catalog.  Then when you get an answer you often seem not to believe it.

Why in the world would you list a stamp you now know to be Ryukyus No. 12 in the U.S. or Japan?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Peetah,

I normally list Ryukyus under Japan but if you check the listings you will find many that place them under US Possessions,

David B.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Since it's from the 1950 set I'd list it under US Possesions. If it were scarcer I'd add Japan as a second option. Actually, I'd probably not list it at all since the market value is going to be under $10. 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Must 15 years you have come to this board asking easy questions for anyone who is not to lazy to look in a catalog.
You have no idea how much time I spent trying to find the catalogue number. Ryukyu is back of the book in Scott US Specialized and the scene is obviously Japanese.
Then when you get an answer you often seem not to believe it. I accepted the answer as correct, but a second question was not initially answered.
And, Antonius-ra, I want you to understand, this reply to you is as much restrained as I am disappointed. Your comment is not the way to encourage participation here.
In the future, I invite you to ignore my questions.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

For adherents of jeapody, there was a Ryūkyū kingdom from 1429to1644. There are over 100 islands extending from Kyūshū to Taiwan in a volcanic island arc,convex to the east. The northern (satsunan islands)are included within Kagoshima prefecture of Japan, the southern(ryukyu islands) are included within Okinawa prefecture. The USA exercised military and civilian control from 1945 to 1972 when it reverted to Japan

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Well,  I'm sorry,  but it seems I did not consider a few things that would have totally changed my response if any.   I always sell my Ryukyu stamps under  Ryukyu Islands I have never considered selling them under U.S. or Japan.   However from the answers others are giving Ebay must not have a category for Ryukyu?   I don't sell on Ebay anymore but the place I do has a category for Ryukyu and I would expect Ebay to have one.   The other thing is that Scott does not show a picture of the stamp which would make it  quite hard to find in a catalog.   This is a big problem and one of the main reasons I started my website way bcak when.   You should have been able to find that stamp on my site in  less than a minute.  Of course it is on the first page and most stamps will take a little longer but you can save a large amount of time and frustration using it.

Antonius-Ra.com

Message 9 of 9
latest reply