cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you please help me identify these stamps?

Can you please help me with the identification and value??20180609_223909.jpg20180609_223954.jpg20180609_224019.jpg20180609_224039.jpg20180609_224133.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I beleive that the 1st and 4th are from the Straights Settlement: Scott Catalog #181 and #45 respectivley, valued in 2011 at $3.00 and $1.10 used, although the condition of the #181 is poor at best.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

From the top -

2 cent George V Strait Settlments - today Malaysia. value 0 condition

1/2 Great Britain Queen Victoria - value 0

Columbia 1/2 centavo = value 0

5 ents Queen Victoria Strait Settlements - value 0

final 3 are Great Britain from 1970 set commenorating philatelic exhibition. They look unuse but possible toning - value 0

None of these are worth any effort or time listing on eBay or anywhere else.

Sorry

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Malolo has the ID right, though two of those do have value. The Straight Settlements 5c is the 1883 issue with a value in my catalog of $1.10. Street value is going to depend on condition issues that we may not be able to see from the scan. Centering is off in two directions to the left and down and there's a small perforation problem at the bottom. I'd estimate street value at $0.05-0.25. The Great Britain 1/2d is the 1870 issue, plate number 4 (typically called the bantam issue due to it's small size). It has a catalog value of $32.50. Again street value is based on condition, yours is off center enough that the perfs cut into the design at right and just touching at bottom. The perforations look OK but the cancel is fairly heavy. As with most issues from European countries the collectors are more picky than with the rest of the world, so catalog values reflect stamps in better condition than normal. I'd estimate street value at $3.00-5.00. As Malolo suggests they are likely not going to be worth offering on eBay, though it would probably be worth looking at completed auctions for the bantam. If you do decide to offer them include only those two, the rest will lower the value of the lot rather than raise it.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the reply.
Now i got some ideas of the value of my stamps.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you

Ofter this i will be more careful when i want to buy something.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

In regards to the Great Britain 1/2d 1870 issue plate number 4 or so called Bantam issue.  If its decided to try selling it on Ebay, might I make a suggestion, first check the current offers on Ebay, to determine how many if any of the same issue and plate number is listed.  If no listing, they you might be lucky if someone is looking for that plate number!

It would ensure a better chance if you include both the front and reverse images if you list it on Ebay.   Most people do not think the reverse image is important, but it is important, lots can be learned from a good reverse image.

You might use the water marking process (Not Watermarking) and include the results in your description.

I was stationed in England, collectors there are generally more knowledgable aboout condition, and require reverse images etc.

Good luck to the OP.

DAVID THOMPSON

MSGT/USAF/RETIRED

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@buy-views wrote:

Thank you

Ofter this i will be more careful when i want to buy something.

Yes, this is true of almost all collectables. It's very easy to get caught up in the moment and end up with something that works well as a conversation starter but has little or no intrinsic value. You really have to know your subject to find an actual bargain.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you David for your wise suggestions.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

You are welcome.

Good luck.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply