cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1930 Stamp Book to sell

So I don't collect stamps. My husband did as a child. I have some of his stamps. He died last year of cancer. I am selling what I can because he didnt have life insurance. One thing I found is a few stamp books. The one I'm going through now was his mom's. It's a 1930 Scott Stamp & Coin International Junior Postage Stamp Album. There are stamps in it but it isn't full. Since I'm not a collector, I'd like to sell it on eBay but not sure what to do. Is this something someone will buy without me having to list every single stamp? This is a big book. I have others. The New World Wide Postage Stamp Book 1959 & 1963 editions, and some other books and envelopes of stamps. Thanks for your suggestions!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Sadly, stamp collections formed by children almost never have any value. You've only shown one page but the stamps on that page are worth a penny or so each. You could give a better idea of whether there is anything of value by posting scans of the first pages of stamps from the United States, Canada and Britian. On the other hand, you could look at the Scott "Standard Postage Stamp Catalogues" which will give you an idea of what stamps are worth. These catalogs are in most larger public libraries.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Thanks for the suggestion. The stamps in the 1930 book were collected by my mother-in-law whose parents owned an international business so she did have access to stamps from many places. Most are cancelled. I really just want to sell the whole bunch. There are literally I think a few hundred stamps between this book and the others, and I know nothing. I've scanned more pictures. The stamps are here and there in book, she has some loose in book too. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Here's more

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

More

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional scans. Again there are no stamps of any value shown. It would be futile to list this on Ebay as there is no market for these common stamps. You could check to see if there is a local stamp club in your area and take it there to see if anyone wanted it. The American Philatelic Society (www.stamps.org) has, I think, a list of local clubs.

Terence Hines

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Please show first page of China and Japan

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

Well there are hundreds more. I can't possibly scan them all. I wasn't looking to make a killing. Just a few dollars rather than throw them in the burn pile. I don't want to sell them individually but maybe I will divide them into countries and sell them in lots for a couple dollars each. Then burn the books. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

From what we have seen, your best bet would be to take t hines advice and look to the APS link he suggested. Try to find a stamp club near you and contact them. We get requests like yours all the time and be glad to help.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

There are a few loose ones and I have more probably in the envelopes loose

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

I think the best way is to make scans of better pages ( it seems eBay allows 12 scans )

and place the album on eBay 7 days auction at low starting price $0.99

The result will be in any case - bidders like low start.

Possibly somebody will be interested in the album itself, it seems it's in nice condition.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

ok, nothing there. Go with thines' APS suggestion stamp clubs
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

More

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

There are 5 books, actually the 1930s book is in very good condition, the others vary from one is poor to good. I have a scanner, I'm just not in my office right now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

1930 Stamp Book to sell

I'm not sure which are the better pages. But I will figure out what to do. 

There are 5 books, actually the 1930s book is in very good condition, the others vary from one is poor to good. There are numerous envelopes and loose stamps. I have a scanner, I'm just not in my office right now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply