cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay doesn't protect sellers

southernbell57
Enthusiast

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected but your not!

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

And if it weren't for buyers ebay wouldn't be here either.

But, yes, the rules definitely lean the buyers' way.

But since your vent is non-specific further help/opinions can't be given.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 2 of 111
latest reply

"Just putting that simple change back" Nonsense. Bad sellers simply left negatives for buyers whenever the seller made a mistake and was dinged for it. Buyers just kept opening new IDs.

Message 3 of 111
latest reply

"Just putting that simple change back" Nonsense. Bad sellers simply left negatives for buyers whenever the seller made a mistake and was dinged for it. Buyers just kept opening new IDs.

Is that what you did?

Any buyer as bad as you, see feedback left for others, would have a plan B.

Message 4 of 111
latest reply

I agree. Some buyers are frauds EBAY does not protect items at all! A item can be returned or ie item as not described after weeks of buyer having and Ebay issues a full refund costing us the fees and shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 111
latest reply

rockandnuts still out of touch I see. I give sellers exactly what they deserve. If a seller works with me I give the a positive and 5 stars.

If they:

Package fragile items without packing materials and then tell me to return them at my expense....they get dinged.

Don't get the package to me and then accuse me....they get dinged.

Let me know if you need an expanded list so you can learn a little.

Message 6 of 111
latest reply

Just a word to the wise for newer sellers:

1. Don't sell stuff here that may not last for 45 days under normal use. You have a 45 day guarantee.

2. Don't sell stuff you are not certain is in working order.

3. Learn how to ship. Learn what packing materials means.

4. Use DC...always.

5. Insure what you can't afford to loose.

6. If you make a mistake make good on it. It's not your buyers problem.

7. Disclose all defects. Collectors don't want dinged items.

I am sure others can add to the list.

Message 7 of 111
latest reply

eagle_1111
Enthusiast

One of the reasons I don't leave any feedback anymore what's the sense of it either way. ...and this is not my selling ID

Message 8 of 111
latest reply

i sold an item and 5 weeks later buyer files item not as decribed case against me.ebay ruled in the buyers favor! are you kidding me 5 weeks.no help for sellers whatsoever.

Message 9 of 111
latest reply

Buyers have 45 days to file a claim....missed that in the user agreement?

Message 10 of 111
latest reply

user agreements rules change daily. it is hard to keep up with all of their new rules. i've been selling on ebay for over 10 years and it was completely different. 

the terms of service/user agreement or whatever it is called says when the buyer clicks on the button to purchase the item it is now a legal binding contract. now they are obligated to pay for it. yes, the seller can let them out of it, but what if they don't want to? now the buyer has to purchase it and the seller sends it and now they have 45 days to return it for any reason. the rules don't make sense. if if is a legal binding contract and the buyer must purchase it, why are they then allowed to turn around and return it?  the rules should all match, not be divided.

Message 11 of 111
latest reply

widowmakeryz490
Enthusiast

I'm far from being even a low class seller."if there were one" but i agree with you.Especially when they think the seller personally delivers your package late!! The seller has nothing to do with what ever,whoever handles it and deals with it.Same as buying from any store online.It's entertaining to read some of the negative feedback given to top rated sellers.Makes me laugh about how dumb some buyers are.I didn't sell many things but i can't imagine the bs when you're at high selling levels.I personally never had a problem with any seller I've dealt with,buyers yes no sellers. Ebay cares about $ that's it.They must spend a fortune changing their mega million selling empire site constantly,most of the time it's change is worse.Take care......

A defendant who represents themselves has a fool for a client.
Message 12 of 111
latest reply

I so agree. That was the worst move ebay ever made for sellers. I'm so glad I don't depend on ebay for my livelihood. The anxiety I get about possibly receiving undeserved negative feedback on the few sales I make is nerve racking. Without being able to receive negative feedback, buyers can take advantage of sellers, and we have little or no recourse.

Message 13 of 111
latest reply

I agree that ebay doesn't do enough to protect it's seller's.  I have started to find other ways to sell my high end items and not give the profits to eBay.  They let buyers walk all over you, not pay, write feedback months later that is totally in appropriate...yet we can't do the same...fair...not.  Hopefully sites like Etsy and others will be more competitive and we will not need to rely on eBay so much....another venue is to badly needed that unbiased. 

Message 14 of 111
latest reply

There's lots of "Seller Protection" available- but it has to be balanced. In a balanced world- the buyer(consumer) will receive preferential treatment. Imbalance often makes for balance.

Message 15 of 111
latest reply